Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

1995 G20 unknown wire, where dose it go?

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2021, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 G20 unknown wire, where dose it go?

I have a 1995 G20 with the 4.3 V6 in it. I found this wire the other day, and have no idea where it goes or what it goes to, the only two things I know of on the van that don’t work are the power windows and the wipers, it comes out under the dash under where the AC and heat controls are. if anyone has any idea where this goes or what it goes to that would be a huge help! This is my first time posting on here I just bought this van for $500 and it was not running, but after a battery it runs great!
Old March 18th, 2021, 6:39 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Looks like something that would plug into the steering column, maybe. Going to have to get in there and look for a plug with that shape and nothing attached to it.

Given the wipers run off the stalk on the column it could be that's what it's for and it plugs in somewhere on that.

Power windows are pretty simple in these. There is a cross-body harness under the dash that's an add-on, it plugs into a ground tab high up under the left side of the dash and into a hot terminal in the fuse block, and the rest runs out to each door. I would take a switch off and use a meter to check for power at the switch and diagnose from there.