Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2000 chevy express 1500 eng-1 fuse issue

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2021, 3:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 chevy express 1500 eng-1 fuse issue

I have a 2000 chevy express 1500 (4.3 v6) that is blowing an Eng 1 fuse. It all started that day after getting the fuel pump replaced. When they replaced the fuel pumo, started fine, and the pulled the van out and let it run. About 15 minutes later (after payi g the bill) I get on, throw it in reverse, and it just died. The push it back in, and say the replaced a fuse and the fuel pump relay. Didn't change me for it, how nice. Drove away, got about a block, and it died again. Walked back, talked to them about it, and I got "we are really too busy to really get into it to find out why". Had it towed home and began my research. I'm sure some of you might remember my post here from a month ago. I never did find the issue, but days later, it was fine again. Ran for the past 3 - 4 weeks. Until yesterday. I did put gas in it, and ran good for a bit, but when I started it up again (in the driveway at idle) it ran for a few minutes, then died. The Eng 1 fuse blew again. At this point, I can only suspect it was something they did. I did get underneath today, and found the the harness for the fuel pump is pinched at the front harness, tight enough that I can free it. Also the scan tool is giving me a p0452 code (Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input) current and pending. The fuel tank pressure sensor from what I am reading. I did pull the fuel pump relay out and it still blew the fuse, it was just a shot in the dark for me. From the info I have been given, the fuel pump is not on the circuit, but was told the evap system is. Can that sponsor be part of that circuit? And could it be in that set of pinched wires?? Willing to take any feedback on this since I only have access to google and not any indepth specs.