Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2001 Express LT Bose System

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2009, 9:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Express LT Bose System

I have a 2001 Express LT with the Bose system and double flipdown screens, factory installed. I recently purchased an aftermarket Kenwood DVD head unit (navigation, Ipod, DVD, the whole nine...), and didn't realize until I tried to install it how complicated the system is. I was able to cutomize my adaptor so that I could get all of the elcetrical worked out, so my unit poers on and functions properly. The speaker connections simply won't work! I've been told that the Bose systems have integrated amps and are quite complicated, and the video system makes it even more complicated. If I had a wiring schematic, I'm sure I could figure out a way to work around it, but otherwise I'm at a loss and can't use my new head unit. Please help me! Any suggestions? Anyone have a schematic or know where to get one? I'm very frustrated that I can't get this thin in.

Thanks.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These should help you...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
va146012.pdf (66.9 KB, 1265 views)
va146013.pdf (53.4 KB, 947 views)
va146014.pdf (46.2 KB, 683 views)
va146015.pdf (70.5 KB, 705 views)
Old October 3rd, 2009, 9:56 AM
CF Beginner

Default Wow, you're too good!

Thanks alot. I'll start looking at these and determine if I can somehow integrate my new head unit into this...there's got to be a way. This really helps! Any advice from anyone who has had to do this would be greatly appreciated.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No prob, there have been many people doing these kind of modifications, I have not done it myself but hopefully the members of the forum here will be of help to you if you get in a jam.
Old October 4th, 2009, 4:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks. Anyone done this and can offer some tips?

I would love to find a way to integrate this without rewiring the whole system?

Thanks!
Old July 24th, 2010, 10:51 PM
CF Beginner

Just wondering if you figured this out. I have a JVC KD kvx33 that was in my 2001 that I had installed and remember that they said it was kind of difficult. That van rolled but I had the people who had borrowed it pull the unit out. After months of searching for a new van I found a 2002 with the same bose stereo and such. Looking to put the radio I had in the other one in this one but wondering if it's just to difficult. So wondered if you had success or not.
Thanks so MUCH
Old July 25th, 2010, 11:04 AM
CF Beginner

I was able to integrate the head unit into my van. After studying the wiring diagrams for several weeks, including color coding everything, I determined that the best thing to do was to override the remote turn on from the old head unit to the power block, then run speaker connections from the head unit, directly to the inputs on the stock amps. I was never able to get the video screens to work, since they are hard wired, so I just bough some flip down to integrate. Good luck.
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:07 AM
CF Beginner

In my 2001 they had an issue with not being able to use the flip downs but then figured out that if we ran a blank tape in the VHS that it worked just fine. ODD huh... I'm hoping to be able to do the same but am not sure I can find anyone who knows how to do it again like that kid did. Hoping...