Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2005 Chevy Explorer Limited SE - radio question

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2015, 5:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any part numbers on the back? Looks like a no name upfitter brand, not a gm factory radio set up. That's my guess anyway.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 6:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That isn't ours, just an example of what it looks like. When looking it up online. It appears to be the same as other 2003-2006 gm models like escalade, Yukon, etc.
Old September 24th, 2015, 9:37 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kgunk
I'm sorry this wasn't notifying me I had responses. I've attached a picture of the current radio. (example of)

That's a factory radio. You just need an updated Cd. Try eBay, but you'll have to figure out the Cd you need for that radio. It's most likely it's just grouped in with all the gm radios for that production phase, that group of years.
Old September 24th, 2015, 9:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been emailing the company (Explorer Vans) and he is trying to tell me "that doesn't look like the unit we installed". I'll look and see what I can find for the CD's on eBay. Now my husband has been talking about replacing the whole unit with an updated version to include other options now available that weren't then...oy vey. Any recommendations on units we could upgrade to?
Old September 25th, 2015, 6:21 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a factory bose stereo. As mentioned you can get a disk from ebay. you will have to do a little research on which disk will work. I think some are specific cadillac ones, etc.
Old September 27th, 2015, 2:27 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kgunk
I have been emailing the company (Explorer Vans) and he is trying to tell me "that doesn't look like the unit we installed". I'll look and see what I can find for the CD's on eBay. Now my husband has been talking about replacing the whole unit with an updated version to include other options now available that weren't then...oy vey. Any recommendations on units we could upgrade to?
Yes. I have something like this. I'm not going to research the specs for you, but this should be a huge improvement as far as having new functions and expandility. Depends how "Techy" you are. The radio I have has a relatively weak built in amp and I plan on using an external amp. If your van has an external amp (Bose) then you may be good to go already. You would just need to figure out the right wiring. I can't help you there, I have too much on my own plate.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/7-Android-4-4...333692&vxp=mtr