Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2018 chevy express van remote start wiring

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2020, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 2018 chevy express van remote start wiring

Hello everyone,

I am installing a Scytek,Astra 4000 remote starter on my 2018 chevy express have run into a snag with the start wire I can seem to locate below is the van wiring
I have check the wiring on the ignition switch connector here's the configuration
Pin 1 not used
Pin 2 pink wire + 12 when key all the way on but not cranking ( I assume this is ignition 1)
Pin 3 Brown wire + 12 when key is in accessory (second click on switch)
Pin 4 Red/w wire constant + 12 switch in off position (I assume this is the source wire for the switch )
Pin 5 Pink wire 0 volts until key is in the ignition than + 12 volts drops down to 3.9 volts when the key is turned on but not cranking and stays on 3.9 volts even during cranking (I assume this is the immobilizer wire and possibly starter wire)
Pin 6 white wire constant 4.7 volts until key in the ignition and in the start position than reads 3.9 volts same as pink wire on pin five (I assume this is the immobilizer source )

I believe that the starter wire need to be connected to pin 5 my concern is the voltage since my starter wire is + 12 I am afraid that it might damage the immobilizer or worse my BCM

Starter violet (for starter kill only) + starter or underhood fuse box, lt. gray 56 pin plug, pin E1

Second Starter pink (R Code) (see Tech Doc 1605) +9600 ohms ignition switch, black 6 pin plug, pin 5

Ignition pink + ignition switch, black 6 pin plug, pin 2

Accessory brown + ignition switch, black 6 pin plug, pin 3

Second Accessory same as second starter +6300 ohms Keysense same as second starter

Thank you in advance

Happy and prosperous New year to all
Old January 1st, 2020, 1:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

starting diagram

Old January 1st, 2020, 4:11 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you MontainmanJoe
for the schematic

I see that direct connection for the start wire on the ignition switch is not possible the only option go to the ECM module. but I don't think that's a good idea
by chance do you if chevy makes such a module?

Thanks again

Old January 4th, 2020, 11:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed a remote start on my 2018 express. You need to purchase a device from Flash Logic called an FLCAN module. It can be found on EBAY for around $50. It will make the install super easy. Let the seller know what year and model your vehicle is so they can program the module to your van.

The module will allow you to use the existing data bus on the van to lock, unlock along with remote start with minimal wiring and headaches.
Old January 5th, 2020, 8:03 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you for the info Cablefed,
What remote start module did you use?
I have installed a scytek astra 4000 just been looking for the proper module to work with it
Old January 5th, 2020, 9:18 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gforcedreamer
Thank you for the info Cablefed,
What remote start module did you use?
I have installed a scytek astra 4000 just been looking for the proper module to work with it
I am using a viper module. The Flash Logic module will work with any aftermarket alarm. You won't need resistors and also works with the immobilizer by acting as your key when the remote start is activated. I only tagged three wires that pertained to the remote start. All the wires I needed to do keyless, remote start, and alarm are on the driver's side under the steering column wire bundle when using the flash Logic module. I tagged the lights at the switch. Total tagged wires on the van was 8 wires all at the steering column wire bundle that lands to a quick disconnect down by the brake pedal.
Old January 5th, 2020, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you Cablefed
because my unit has an alarm built into it I did all my connection on the BOM connectors on the driver side
and the remote same as you on on the driver side steering wheel connector.
Did you have to flash the module or did come pre-flashed for the vehicle

Old January 5th, 2020, 11:15 AM
CF Beginner

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FlashLogic-...e/253885837206

This is the link where I bought mine. Tell the seller in a message what year, make, and model you have and they will flash it for you. Basically follow the directions with what wires to connect on the vehicle, module, and alarm. The directions are pretty easy to follow and is emailed to you from the seller. Once connected you tell the module to go into data mode or wired mode with a push of a program button on the unit, you will be in wired mode like me. After that you do a key learn routine so the module can mimick your key to activate the remote start. After that your good to go.

Support from Flash Logic is also great. I had to make a call to ask about an issue I was having with the power locks and they were very helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions. I searched the net for days trying to get info before I started my install with no luck of any kind. I'd be happy to help someone else out with what really is a simple install once completed.
Old January 5th, 2020, 11:22 AM
CF Beginner

http://images.idatalink.com/corporat...N_20190704.pdf

Link to flash Logic directions. Your gonna use the type 2 diagram on page 12.
Old January 5th, 2020, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks Cablefed

I did the same thing search for day's and just about ready to order the fortin evo-all but it seem that this module will be easier to install and program without a flashlink which is an extra $50 for a one time use that is required on the Evo-all

Thanks again hopefully this post will other folks out there that are trying to do the same thing

Happy New year

Quick Reply: 2018 chevy express van remote start wiring