Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

4th row seats

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2011, 9:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th row seats

I am looking at a 1998 1500 Express, it has two rows of bench seats but i would like to install the 4 pass. 4th row. Has anyone on here done this and how difficult was it? Any imput would be great. Any info on the 1998 1500 Express would be great also. Thanks
Old February 4th, 2011, 2:14 PM
CF Junior Member

hey u might be able to install the 4th rom. but given to the space it already provide, how much comfortable you think it'll be to accomodate a 4th row. i mean the entire concept of enough legroom or headroom might go for a toss.
Old February 4th, 2011, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

3/4 ton vans have the optional 4th row and leg and head room is not an issue. you lose cargo space, but the 4th row easily fits. I believe it was an option on earlier 1/2 tons also
Old March 6th, 2011, 7:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default I did it !

I bought got a 02 passenger with two rows behind two buckets in front I put in fourth row , one days job for 1 1/2 guys ( 9 yr son helping) . ordered off net the pedal-stools the matching seat off Craigslist . The track that the other seats sit in runs past to the back . if i had to do over would of bought/found a row from another van with oem pedal-stools to just put in track and saved alot of time, maybe not money, either way you'll have to cut carpet . i had to drill through frame on one side, other side had to plate it to frame ,cause it was offset by about four inches( thats where i would of saved half the time) problem is its great for kids in car seats cause there isn't any shoulder straps . the room in back is is plenty for coolers,strollers, you can't expect to have ALL the room you had before but the good thing with ordering off line not oem is they come with quick release pins so its removable ,but heavy! theres one more problem i went to get it appraised for trade in the dealer asked if it was installed by certified tech. i told him its connected to frame ,didn't care he said he couldn't sell it unless he removed it , so once you do it use it cause its lowers trade in value . but for me with seven kids, 14 and down, it was a no brainer my van is now a 11 passenger (used a seat out of middle row of another 8 passenger ,3 seater) it makes it nice for removing and a little more room . hope this helps Dave

Last edited by davestace4; March 6th, 2011 at 8:04 AM. Reason: add somthing - the leg room is the same as leg room in other rows