Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

dies and stabilitrac blinks

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2020, 5:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default dies and stabilitrac blinks

Help! Please! i have an intermittent problem where the "service stabilitrac" light dings once and the van dies .5 seconds after. No codes. i then put it in nuetral or park and turn the key forward, sometimes it starts right away, other times i have to turn the key off before starting it and it starts up again. it has happened while in park, and while at a stop light in drive. it happened driving 70, where the stabilitrac light blinks but that time the van did not die or sputter. the stabilitrac light never stays on. Is this a common issue at all?

i saw a video of a guy on youtube who found a 12v wire that was aftermarket for a fuel lift pump, and it was shorting out on the block; however, i have no aftermarket items except for trailer wiring.

I plan to crawl under and check every little wire, but I was hoping someone had experience. We are about to embark on an 1800 mile journey with a camper and I would like to get this figured out. I always travel with a full set of tools.
Old August 12th, 2020, 5:59 PM
CF Beginner

a final thought, it has happened when i am providing no input to the van, not touching or turning the wheel nor hitting the gas.
Old August 12th, 2020, 6:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 614 Likes on 555 Posts

this video ?
Old August 12th, 2020, 6:17 PM
CF Beginner

yep, thats the one, our issues seem to be the same except his was an add on wire that was ran unprotected and I have no aftermarket wires ran. i would think chevy would not have ran any wires unprotected and i would essentially be looking inside the wire harness sleeve, pita.