Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

High my name is Gregg.

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2019, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction stabilizer and door locks going crazy.

The stabiltrak and traction light is coming on with the air bag. The van is starting in 3rd gear. The door locks are going crazy opening and closing. I took it to the dealer and said the roll over sensor and transmission module needing replacing for about $2,000.00. I looked on utube about the ground and replaced it but it did not work until I also replaced the current sensor. It worked great without the speedometer ang gauges going crazy and the indicators coming on previously discussed until I hit a bump on the road and now everything is going crazy. Has any body with a chevy van express 1500 made in 2014 had a problem like this before? Your imput will be appreciated.

Last edited by Coolgregg; October 26th, 2019 at 1:59 PM. Reason: Traction and stabilizer and door locks going crazy
Old October 22nd, 2019, 9:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default High my name is Gregg.

High my name is Gregg.I am having a problem with a 2014 chevy van express. The stabiltrac is on with the traction and air bag light.Thedoor locks are going crazy with the instrument panel malifunctioning. I took it to the dealer and they said the roll over switch and the tmc had to be replaced because of no communication for $2,000.00. Possibly a bmc for another $1500.00. Utube pointed me to the battery cables. I replaced them and the current sensor and it worked for a month until I hit a bump and it started all over again. Has anybody heard of this. I would appreciate any feedback. I hope I am doing this post right because I am new on the forum.

Last edited by Coolgregg; October 22nd, 2019 at 9:49 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 7:34 AM
CF Monarch

Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

Welcome from Florida. To me it sounds like something is loose. Check your cables again and all the grounds you can find.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 7:45 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

welcome from maryland. second the grounding issue or just a poor connection at the bcm
Old October 23rd, 2019, 8:19 AM
CF Beginner

I replaced the grounds. Could a wheel sensor on the front right cause this? The abs iight warning is not on though.

Last edited by Coolgregg; October 23rd, 2019 at 9:47 AM.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 7:12 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

what would lead you to think it was the wheel sensor?
Old October 24th, 2019, 12:35 AM
CF Beginner

I saw on utube about it and since the problem of no communication came back after hitting a big hole on the right side I just thought it could be a possibility.
Old November 2nd, 2019, 1:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default Many codes

Now the van didn't want to start but finally there was a backfire it started and the traction and stabilizer and air bag went off. The door locks aren't going off and on but the check engine light is on. I took it to auto zone and they gave me a sheet wirh 13 codes. Starting with U0073. Does anyone have any idea what is happenning here.There was a loss of communication before. Should I try and replace the pcv valve?