Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

How do I access the door jamb switch on 2009 Express 2500?

Search this Thread

Old December 12th, 2018, 2:02 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You wouldn't actually have to take your door panel off to play with this idea. Just hang on, I have to look at 2009.

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/med...ans_100813.pdf

----

If you remove the kickplate in the driver foot well there will be an electrical harness connection. A connector for the Left Door Wiring Harness to plug into the Body Wiring Harness. It will appear intimidating and alien, but if you study it carefully, you can remove the coloured plastic locks, using a strong pin/pick (of your ability to find) you can remove each wire without damaging anything. Use the pin/pick to insert into the connector to release the wire. For each wire, there is a tiny hole or slot to put a tool to depress the lock that holds it in place. If you do this properly, you can remove the wire. In this way you can disconnect the wire to the door switch. The chime should turn off. If it does not - try grounding the wire. Since you will have the wire out and the metal contact exposed, this will be very easy to do.

Your older wiring scheme is different than mine. Given that it is older, the pins should be bigger and even easier to remove. You just have to find out which wire it is and the location of that wire on the connector. Unfortunately, for 2009 and the schematics are not as complete at GM Upfitters as they are for later years or I would have included a reference to the connector and the exact wire/location.

----

The Connector you want is here, where the arrow points. X500. There are two on my truck. Yours too I believe.

-----

Connector X500 on my Truck. Pin A1. Tan Wire.

You might actually find that just disconnecting the Connector from it's other half (very easy to do) does the trick. You will not have left speaker or any power door items though.

Last edited by dberladyn; December 12th, 2018 at 2:56 AM.