Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

No Crank No Nothing 99 Express 1500

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2017, 10:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

There are a few, engine related fuses. I'd get a multimeter and check them all.
Old August 27th, 2017, 12:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StanVan
There are a few, engine related fuses. I'd get a multimeter and check them all.
I'll check them again but I haven't been able to find any issues with the fuses. Would a bad crank sensor cause these symptoms? Seems like I had a Jeep one time and it did something similar to this and it was the crank position sensor...
Old August 27th, 2017, 3:32 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Look for a wide part in the battery plus cable, it is a fuseable link. I suspect that's what the issue is since you post you have no electrical to anything
Ok I have two wires coming off the + post on the battery. One straight to the starter and a smaller one that goes to the back of alternator. I was able to test it and it's got 12v coming all the way through it, it is my fusible link. If I blew an alternator would I have these symptoms?
Old August 27th, 2017, 5:24 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by SayBye
Ok I have two wires coming off the + post on the battery. One straight to the starter and a smaller one that goes to the back of alternator. I was able to test it and it's got 12v coming all the way through it, it is my fusible link. If I blew an alternator would I have these symptoms?
No. You might ( I'm not sure) two cables, one large to the starter, another smaller to the ignition switch. My suggestion, remove everything cable wise from the battery on BOTH ends. With an ohm meter check for continuity.
Old August 28th, 2017, 3:45 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
No. You might ( I'm not sure) two cables, one large to the starter, another smaller to the ignition switch. My suggestion, remove everything cable wise from the battery on BOTH ends. With an ohm meter check for continuity.
I'm leaning to ignition switch now. I'm not getting any voltage to my fuse panels and I read that the ignition switch is what powers the fuse panels...