Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2005 Express Cargo problem

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2006, 1:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Express Cargo problem

I have a 2005 Express Cargo van which I use for work. I got my van organized just the way I want it and this is where my problem starts. The way I have my post hole digger mounted inside the cargo area is what started my problem. Apparently while the van is in motion it caused the blade end of the post hole digger to move forwards and backwards right into a group of wires that covered by electrical tape and the blade ate into the insulation of a couple of the wires causing them to be shorted. Now my interior lights and my reverse lights do not work. There is also a backup siren (which I assume was tied into the reverse lights) that also does not work. I checked all of the bulbs and they appear to be fine. They are just not receiving any power. When the post hole digger ate into the wires, it did not cut anything. It just exposed enough of the wires to shorts something out. Here's the question...it would be safe to assume it is not a fusible link problem, so which of the two fuseboxes are the interior lights and reverse lights located? Also, what fuse number(s) are they?

Thank You.