Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

91 Vandura, no a/c bypass pulley available, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2021, 6:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default And?

Originally Posted by William Kisselstein
You do know this post is six years old, right?
​​​​​​Doesn't make it any less relative, does it, Mr Gregorian?
Old August 1st, 2021, 6:18 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Well yeah actually it kind of does, the people asking about it have long since solved their problems and will probably never return to see the new posts. I mean I don't know about you but I don't wait six years to fix my car.

This stuff is why posts should auto-lock at six or eight months, so newbies can't just come out of nowhere dredging up old stuff nobody involved with actually cares about anymore.
Old August 1st, 2021, 10:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ugh, still relevant

Originally Posted by William Kisselstein
Well yeah actually it kind of does, the people asking about it have long since solved their problems and will probably never return to see the new posts. I mean I don't know about you but I don't wait six years to fix my car.

This stuff is why posts should auto-lock at six or eight months, so newbies can't just come out of nowhere dredging up old stuff nobody involved with actually cares about anymore.

That's right. Because this guy solved his problem, no one will EVER need to know where to get a bypass pulley. Let's all take a moment to thank this gentleman for solving everyone's problem with finding a bypass pulley. This information isn't for the guy who solved his problem, obviously. It's for the person searching for this information online who hasn't found it yet. As long as these vans exist, this will be relevant information, regardless if I'm a "newbie".
The following 2 users liked this post by phife187:
mountainmanjoe (August 1st, 2021), Rednucleus (August 1st, 2021)
Old August 1st, 2021, 2:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

His post was directly related the the subject of the topic. I have no problem with keep related content together. It's better than having 20+ topics on the same subject, that a visitor then has to sift through.
It's not like he was specifically addressing the original poster. Apparently many people are still driving old vans, so this stuff will get dredged up from time to time.