Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

The ELM/Torque thread

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2020, 10:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Teammuir1
I really dont know I was under the impression that it was coming from the vehicle.
I dont know how my tablet could be using GPS when I dont pay for my tablet to get online
so if someone can answer that one.. lol
I know back in the day when technology was so new I bought a internet card for my sons laptop
that was from att&t.. I had to pay for that service.. I do not pay for my service on my tablet.. but I do
have WIFI on my tablet.. but thats hard for me to believe that my tablet picked up my WIFI service
all the way down the road... lol
Sorry for the Necrobump, but I got here from a Google search and maybe the next person that does so may need this info.

GPS is not an online service and doesnt need cell towers or wifi. It was developed for US Navy ships and they dont get a lot of cellular towers in the ocean! It works by using time information (and the difference in time gives distance) to triangulate your position relative to those satellites. That tells you where you are. You only need Internet to relay that information to someone else or download a map
Old August 16th, 2023, 5:04 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 105 Likes on 92 Posts

I need to mess around a bit more and get everything setup how I want it. I was really looking for the % ethanol ("Fuel E" running e85 that is showing at 80%) but tossed in some other stuff while I was at it. Mines a '15 6.0l. What all do you have displayed? Trans temp, oil temp, RPM, seem like the most needed. Anyone get TPMS to work? Any way to get a 5th tire (I put a sensor in the spare and will do a 5 tire rotation). EGR didn't seem to work either. Trans temp worked with GM method 2. I had no idea I had a normal air temp. I have no display for it on the van.

Torque dash 1

Torque dash 2

Last edited by Triaged; August 16th, 2023 at 5:06 PM.
Old August 17th, 2023, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

nothing. I only pay attention to that stuff if there's an issue. You shouldn't really leave stuff plugged into the port it's meant for diagnostics.
Old April 15th, 2024, 3:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do we know if the paid app is required to do custom PID's I added a couple based on the infomration in this thread and they show up but no data is displayed, wondering if it is just because I don't have the paid app or is it because I have the address or formula wrong?

BTW, I know this is a van thread, but it should be the same regardless right?
Old April 15th, 2024, 3:56 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 105 Likes on 92 Posts

I'm fairly certain you need the Pro version for that. I couldn't get trans temp when I got a new phone for a bit because it didn't transfer over properly. For the minimal cost I just paid for it to support the developer. I think it's my only paid app.