Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Just changed engine and various problems.

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2024, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just changed engine and various problems.

Hey yall. My old engine hydrolocked so how I had to replace it with a used engine. It runs fine but I'm having some other issues. The transmission is now shifting pretty hard and I don't think the torque converter is locking up. I also get a p0717 code. I didn't really mess with the transmission at all so I'm not sure why. The only thing I could think is I had one one connector with no sensor to connect to. It was on the right side of the wiring harness, located about halfway back on the side of the engine. It has the aluminum insulation so it lives somewhat close to the exhaust manifold.

Does anybody know if the 4l80 in this has a transmission control module that's on the frame or on the right side of the engine? I can't really find it. Any help is appreciated. I'll try to get you a picture
Old September 16th, 2024, 5:13 PM
CF Beginner

Sorry, its a 2007 savana 3500 with a 6.0L
Old Yesterday, 7:46 AM
CF Beginner

Old Yesterday, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubs
Hey yall. My old engine hydrolocked so how I had to replace it with a used engine. It runs fine but I'm having some other issues. The transmission is now shifting pretty hard and I don't think the torque converter is locking up. I also get a p0717 code. I didn't really mess with the transmission at all so I'm not sure why. The only thing I could think is I had one one connector with no sensor to connect to. It was on the right side of the wiring harness, located about halfway back on the side of the engine. It has the aluminum insulation so it lives somewhat close to the exhaust manifold.

Does anybody know if the 4l80 in this has a transmission control module that's on the frame or on the right side of the engine? I can't really find it. Any help is appreciated. I'll try to get you a picture
That code is for an issue with the turbine speed sensor according to Google. I would be willing to bet it has something to do with the connector not being plugged in.

​​​​​
Old Yesterday, 9:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by BurntClutch
That code is for an issue with the turbine speed sensor according to Google. I would be willing to bet it has something to do with the connector not being plugged in.

​​​​​
You're totally correct. I went over all the connections and I must have knocked it loose when I was reinstalling something. I'm still kind of wondering what the hell that plug is for but it seems to be working okay now so maybe it's just a plug that goes nowhere?