Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

New Here

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2019, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here

Hi there Everyone!

How are we all doing? My name’s Ben. I live here in Minnesota. I recently bought a 2013 Chevy Express 3500 15 passenger van. It only had 66,000 miles on it when I bought it on 7/22/19. It has the 4.8L V8 in it. I have a question for all of you. Have any of you put duals on your van? What about putting a navigation/bluetooth unit in it? Have any of you put LED lights in your vans?

take care,

Ben

Last edited by MNBenny; August 11th, 2019 at 8:48 PM. Reason: Adding a bit more detail
Old August 11th, 2019, 9:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

Welcome and congrats on the purchase.

Dual what?

Nav units are easy enough. There are topics all about that right here in the van section.

LED what? Dome lamps? Headlights?
Old August 11th, 2019, 10:56 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Shop wanted to put a dual system on mine, told 'em to keep it single. Running headers straight down to dump right in front of rear wheels would look nice. Probably wouldn't be able to hear myself think though. Sounded really nice with just the cat and no muffler. Just a bit too boatish, so a flowmaster went on. Got a nice low note and just a bit more volume than stock. Interior lights (mood) are all led strips added by the designer company. Headlamps for the older models are sealed beam so a conversion would be required and I just like the stock setup too much to change those.
Old August 12th, 2019, 12:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I've put LEDs in at the center brake light, and backup lights. I didn't do the T/S/brake because I didn't want to mess with resistors. I did the switched dome lights, but not the door activated ones.

I did a Pioneer for the audio/video system, but I rely on my phone and a standalone GPS for NAV.
Old August 12th, 2019, 1:08 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the natural colour from incandescent lamps better. There is really no need to change over. Not in my books.
Old August 12th, 2019, 6:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
Welcome and congrats on the purchase.

Dual what?

Nav units are easy enough. There are topics all about that right here in the van section.

LED what? Dome lamps? Headlights?
I was talking about making the van a equally (I.e. dual tires in the back)

LED Lights (I.e. interior and exterior)
Old August 12th, 2019, 6:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

Vans have more weight over the rear axle, so traction isn't a problem like on pick ups. I've personally never seen it done and I don't see the point.

I suppose you would need new hubs or studs at least. Then the wheels would stick out quite a bit requiring bigger fenders. It would look pretty "yeehaw".
Old August 12th, 2019, 7:16 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
Vans have more weight over the rear axle, so traction isn't a problem like on pick ups. I've personally never seen it done and I don't see the point.

I suppose you would need new hubs or studs at least. Then the wheels would stick out quite a bit requiring bigger fenders. It would look pretty "yeehaw".
Some people, in some places, like Yeehaw. Not everyone is a slicker.

Since you are changing the... I wonder if you have to legally have an inspection? I guess not, people do not do that when they change springs, or beef them up.
Old August 12th, 2019, 8:16 PM
CF Active Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Duals or tandems? I've seen one with a real dual conversion and it was a commercial touring van.
https://vanangels.com/solutions/dual-wheels/