Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Replacement Dipstick

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 9:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Dipstick

I am having trouble finding a dipstick replacement. I swapped a freshly built pre-1979 383 (driver-side dipstick) into an 88 G20 (pass-side dipstick) van and can not for the life of me locate an appropriate dipstick and tube. I tried to reform the original to make it fit, but between the headers, and the age/condition of the tube its just not feasible, I would greatly appreciate any info, as it stands right now I've got a short one in, and I don't want to have to pull the doghouse to check my oil!
Old Yesterday, 2:05 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 97 Likes on 86 Posts

That's really a wrecking yard part. Out here in the south west where stuff doesn't rust there are still parts to be found in you-pull-it type wrecking yards. Heck I've got one on my lifted 71 blazer for the transmission because I didn't like having to climb into the engine compartment and put my knee on the radiator.
Old Yesterday, 2:18 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 97 Likes on 86 Posts

Your other option is hot-rod type parts like Lokar. Call them up and see what they can do for you.

https://www.lokar.com/engine-dipsticks.html