Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Show us your mounts for Phone , Dashcam , GPS , clipboard , back up screen etc

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2019, 11:42 AM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Show us your mounts for Phone , Dashcam , GPS , clipboard , back up screen etc

Hi ,
I am looking for ideas to mount Phone , dashcam etc on my windshield or dashboard ,

how to mount them and also how to run all the power cords !

Its a 2005 base model van

I would love to see some of your ideas.....

Thanks for your help
The following users liked this post:
VinzClortho (May 7th, 2021)
Old December 24th, 2019, 12:33 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I am actually driving around without a dash. I have had several configurations. Lately I am just using a mount that holds my phone horizontally above the heater controls. As for the front camera, mount it out of sight in front of the rear view mirror. I had a fancy tablet mount, but I kid you not, while I was sitting parked with the engine off, walking up to a morning cup of coffee, the metal just let go and whole assembly, including the tablet, just fell to the floor. I really liked that mount, but one bracket needed to be made of thicker steel. Eventually my truck will be much different when I get it reassembled again. I've been driving like this for months. Lack of money. I've really been sucking wind over the last year. I just started a new job today. If I stick with him, that should turn around quick and next year will be much better.
Old January 1st, 2020, 12:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ditto on sticking the cam behind the rear view. The cable will tuck nicely up under the headliner, run down the A pillar and under the dash. My cam uses a 12V cigarette type lighter adapter and can't be direct wired, so check your camera spec. My phone holder I bolted through one of the square knockouts down below next to the 12V receptacle. It stays low, out of sight yet is still easily usable when using a map program.
Old May 2nd, 2020, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I added a 1" ball (RAM) to the dash overlay and really like this setup. It's stable and easy to position using the short extension between the ball and the phone holder. I run a 12" USB cable from my phone to a bluetooth FM transmitter that I plug into the driver's side 12v socket. (In case you're wondering, the switch below the 1" ball is for a Toguard camera which I just installed and like very much.)

Old May 2nd, 2020, 9:15 PM
CF Active Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I cut a block of wood from a 2x4 and sanded it down for a tight fit in the open slot cubbies on the dash of my 2018 Express. Next I covered the wood with sticky-back felt from the hobby store. Then I mounted a holder on the small one for my GPS and another holder on the large one for my iPad.

Old May 7th, 2021, 2:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4. Smart Flask car cup holder adapter – For large mugs and bottles

• Removable Ring ( For adjusting size )
  • Easily fit big flask bottles and mugs
  • The upper cup, mugs, the bottle is ( 3 1/8 inches deep ) for better hold
  • The other type of Bottles, Mugs, and Cups measuring ( 3 3/8 ) to ( 3 3 7/8 ) inches in diameter
  • It has 3 lids and one cup adapter ( Biteproof, Comfort, and travel lid )
  • The dimensions of the product are ( 4.25 x 4.25 x 6.12 ) inches: ( 5.61 Ounces )
It is the best car cup holder adapter for large cups and bottles, it provides Removable 3 rings to adjust the size of the base. we can say it is the best and adjustable car cup holder for large cups and bottles.
Three lids are also provided with the car cup holder, such as Travel lid, Comfort lid and Biteproof lid.
Travel lid: It is very safe and leakproof when you keep the bottle in the backpack while traveling.

Bite proof lid: The bit proof lid is made of hard plastic, So it doesn’t break with a light bite.

Comfort lid: It is more comfortable while drinking water.

Removable Sizing Ring – Adjustable base

It is called a Removable sizing ring (with a ring or without fitting ring ) car cup holder adapter, just like by adjusting the cup holder adapter in the car cup holder, It is OK if the cup holder fits into the car’s cup holder adapter with the Ring, otherwise, you can adjust the cup holder by removing the Ring.

for More Detail click here
https://www.caraccessories360.com/ca...or-large-cups/
Old May 7th, 2021, 5:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All exceptional ideas. TY

TY for sharing