Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

possible alternator problems

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2012, 10:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question possible alternator problems

I have a 2005 chevy classic. I had the alternator light start coming on ocassionally. It continued to get worse and ended up being jumped several times. I finally bought a new alternator and right after that the battery checked for a bad cell so have replaced battery and cables as well. The new alternator probably 2 weeks down line starts doing the same thing. I finally replaced it again and once again 2 weeks later the light is going on and off. Another equasion here was that twice with the first new alternator I happened to go dead enough to be jumped and after having the car jumped the light did not come on again and car ran fine for a week. Hopefully somebody can do all the math here and help me Im lost on this one!!

Last edited by johnsonclassic; March 31st, 2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: misspelling