Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2000 grand prix 3.1 "pass-key "

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2019, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 grand prix 3.1 "pass-key "

Someone installed a aftermarket alarm with starter disable and it decided to give out on me so I disconnected it and they had the ignition 3 wire I guess you could call it that cut and plugged into two spots on the alarm. I put those back together and it will turn over now and the electric locks and some light were just spliced into and I removed those but above the bcm body control module in the main part of the harness there is a bigger black wire with a white stripe and a smaller green with a white stripe coming out of the harness and both of those were connected to a ground I think. But the black and white has a voltage of 5 volts and the green with a stripe has none grounded the green one and it will make my traction control light come on. I replaced the cylinder lock and key and done a 30 minute relearn and my security light stopped blinking. But I'm not getting the ground pulse for my injectors to spray. I have no idea where the two wires went. Is there something I can do to get the bcm to send a signal to the ecm to enable injectors. ? Please I really need this going cause my mom had a stroke and I cant afford to take it to the gm dealer to fix.