Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2006 Chevy Equinox No Ignition lights

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2021, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Chevy Equinox No Ignition lights

Hi I am having a problem with my chevy. When I turn the ignition switch on, no lights appear on the dash. I changed the ignition switch, the main fuse, the computer and the battery. I checked all the major fuses in the fusebox and they all show good. The backup fuse has no power so i ran a hot wire from the battery to the backup fuse and the ignition lights turn on. When i turn the key to the run position the car starts, but the chime doesnt stop. Has anyone any idea what can be causing this issue? I am out of ideas and money.
PS
I was driving the car normally and it cut off in the middle of traffic and the chime started making the rapid chime noise but the ignition panel stayed dark, no lights came back on, when i turned the switch ,when I first had the issue.

Last edited by Paseaal; March 4th, 2021 at 6:22 PM.
Old April 10th, 2023, 2:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you find out what the problem was? I am having the exact same issue. Thanks
Originally Posted by Paseaal
Hi I am having a problem with my chevy. When I turn the ignition switch on, no lights appear on the dash. I changed the ignition switch, the main fuse, the computer and the battery. I checked all the major fuses in the fusebox and they all show good. The backup fuse has no power so i ran a hot wire from the battery to the backup fuse and the ignition lights turn on. When i turn the key to the run position the car starts, but the chime doesnt stop. Has anyone any idea what can be causing this issue? I am out of ideas and money.
PS
I was driving the car normally and it cut off in the middle of traffic and the chime started making the rapid chime noise but the ignition panel stayed dark, no lights came back on, when i turned the switch ,when I first had the issue.