Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2009 Chevy Impala door lock

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2013, 11:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Chevy Impala door lock

My rear passenger side door lock will not lock or unlock with the remote. It does not lock or unlock when I use the button on the drivers door either. I can only lock and unlock it manually and then it works. What could be wrong?
Old January 26th, 2013, 11:17 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

The actuator that moves the mechanism to lock and unlock. It could be bad or just came unconnected from the mechanism. Do you hear a noise from inside the rear passenger door when using the remote to lock or unlock. If you do then the plastic clip that hold the parts together broke. If you don't hear anything then the actuator is probably bad.
Old January 26th, 2013, 5:11 PM
CF Beginner

I don't hear any noise at all. How much do you think it would cost to fix the actuator?
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Chubba,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. “oldchevy” is correct, it may be a actuator issue.

I recommend having the vehicle inspected to be certain, as prices may vary based on the cause of the problem.

Please keep us posted. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 10th, 2013, 3:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default door locks

it cost 1,300 for all 4 lock to be replaced.
we will just leave it unlocked and hope it is not going to be stolen
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DianneK
we will just leave it unlocked and hope it is not going to be stolen
What !, If the door can be manually locked, why not just leave it locked until you need access, then reach back and unlock it.
(didn't you read Chubba's original post ?)

It appears to be an Actuator problem, not a Latch problem anyway.
In this case, the word "Lock", describes an activity, not a part.

Last edited by SWHouston; July 10th, 2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old July 16th, 2013, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just replace the offending actuator? It is true that door lock actuators do tend to fail all around the same time. But, it is not always true and there is no labor savings for doing them all at once. It is four seperate repair actions. In my shop I would have recommended all four. But, just the offender is still a viable repair.

RBAutoService.com
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:18 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Rockauto has the actuator for $119.79. If you can remove the door panel, you can do the repair yourself and save.
Old July 24th, 2013, 5:53 AM
CF Beginner

Actuator prices may vary from store to store. You have to keep in mind quality.
Old July 25th, 2013, 1:24 AM
CF Beginner

it looks like as if sensors are not working properly here, better to check it up and replace if a need arouse with it

Quick Reply: 2009 Chevy Impala door lock