Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2009 Navigation Radio Problems

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2015, 10:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation issues and click won't set

We just purchased our GMC Denali two weeks ago and the navigation always puts us in a different zone no matter how many times I change it. Every time I put in a address in the address book it never keeps the info. Also the time just changed back so I reset the clock and the next day it changed back. We bought the vehicle because we have neve owned anything that new or nice before but I'm regretting that I didn't drive a little further and get something different. Although I didn't buy it brand new I spent the money I did because it had navi in it! I could have got a cheaper version if I knew it wasn't going to work. It really sucks that there is this many problems and no recall! SMH
Old March 11th, 2015, 6:36 AM
CF Beginner

Unfortunately, I couldn't agree more. Best thing I did was sell my loaded Tahoe and buy a Ford. GM has lost me as a customer forever by the way I was treated when I went to the dealership for help. Can they really think it's ok to have a worthless nav unit in a vehicle that retails for over 50k in just a few short years of owning it? Completely unacceptable and why I'll never return to them. Warn all who will listen to stay away from GM's "Professional Grade" products. It would feel more accurate if their ad touted "Made in China" instead.
Old June 17th, 2015, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

So after looking around at other sites over the past few months it does appear that this is acommon problem and one that GM/Chevrolet is not doing anything about. Based on what I see it looks as if a software fix would be in order. If there are any Attorneys out there that can help get a Class Action off the ground I am sure there are more than enough affected to make it a good one. If you are an Attorney please feel free to reach out to me about getting this matter resolved.
Old April 6th, 2017, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

I have same issue Nav 2009 Avalanche. I've taken it right apart and can find no battery (which seems to me to be the problem). Basically, mine started doing this while still under warranty, nut kept getting NO FAULT FOUND as it was so intermittent. The time only goes back an hour during DST, since it's an hour faster than EST, but all the NAV memory location get wiped. The thing is, the problem got progressively more frequent, and now it resets at every key off. So, it's got to be a battery or capacitor issue.
Old August 25th, 2018, 7:48 AM
CF Beginner

I can't believe this problem has been going on for so long and GM hasn't responded with a fix. My 2008 Tahoe has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. It has 142,000 miles with just normal maintenance problem free except for the common clock
and Navigation Problem. It's time to change to a new maybe Tahoe but if GM can't or won't address this problem to fix my existing Tahoe why would I pursue getting another one? The new one in Canada is 85k.
To GM - Just Fix It.