Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Tahoe Navigation

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2009, 7:21 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2009 Tahoe Navigation

Well, I caved, I picked up a 2009 Tahoe LTZ Saturday....

Its a beast of a truck...

But; I can't find out how to tell it that when I change the radio station, I don't want that loud BEEP.... I know I changed the station, I pressed it! I have the GPS radio in it.

I searched the manual and the forum.. couldn't find it as an option to disable...

so I'm stuck with a beepy radio?

also, the backup camera, and A/C seats are AMAZING. the voice dialing, the caller ID comes up under the tach, its just... very very cool.

even the HVAC is so integrated... when you open the windows, even a bit.. it knows... and up's the A/C, or when I hit the voice commands, it mutes the radio and backs off the fan on the A/C... that's either cool or creepy...
Old April 27th, 2009, 7:30 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I think window / AC thing is just the ease of air flow out the open window not so much a feature.... but yes it does lower the fan speed when using the built in hands free.
Congrats on the new purchase, we are waiting for the pictures.....
Old April 27th, 2009, 8:06 AM
CF Addict

Default pix

i'm not sure; it actually does really UP the speed of the A/C fan even if you crack the window 1/4" maybe a pressure sensor? cracking a window lowers the PSI in the vehicle when moving forward. I will try it parked, since opening a window wouldn't create a vaccum if your not moving...

I bought it off the lot; so fast they didn't have time to detail it... so after they detail it, then after I detail it again I will get some pics... I have some of it next to my 1995 tahoe... it looks so sad... i love my 1995 tahoe... if I could come up with any reason at all to keep it. i would.

it does look hella sexy, it's black/black, but damn does it get dirty fast!

I went to 2 wal-marts and an advance auto and can't find the floor mats I want!

I have the same ones in 2 cars, and can't find them for this new one! they had the rear mats, but not the 4 pack I wanted...

The voice navigation thing is a little wierd; I'm still learning what I can say... I have the voice dialing down, that uses my own iphone to make / recieve the calls, but when I Say I want to go 'my house' which IS a voice tag, it tries to connect me to OnStar... I don't want that, just GPS it!

Also, does anyone know if the GPS option can just assume I always want the 'fastest' route and just do it? pressing 'ok/go' every time seems like waste of time...

the 6 speed is so smooth... the truck just glides... and the tires are 11" wide! there HUGE...
Old April 27th, 2009, 3:04 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Get Lloyd mats and use the OEM ones for winter use. Strongly suggest that you read all of the various manuals as there are lots of things that can be done/customized.

Two that come to mind are the "start" feature where you can just twist and release the key and the ECM takes over and starts the engine. Another is the auto "lane change" feature where you just slightly move the turn signal and it signals three flashes (six if in Tow/Haul mode).

Maybe the voice command slows the fan to cut the ambient noise level. Just a guess.

Not sure what's causing the station change loud beep. Mine doesn't do it. Might want to get checked while it's getting detailed.

Did you get 5.3 or 6.2?

Let the mods begin.

Last edited by 73shark; April 27th, 2009 at 3:05 PM. Reason: Added content.
Old April 28th, 2009, 8:46 AM
CF Addict

Default stuff

its not that loud, its a confirmation that you pressed something on the sat nav... no matter what u press, you get a 'beep'... i can get used to it

I have the 5.3... the 6.2 doesn't tow any more... well, legally... but I wouldn't have minded test driving the 6.2L... the tahoe rides, glides, and handles great; but the 6.2 would make it sporty!
Old April 29th, 2009, 8:13 AM
CF Addict

Default another Question

The auto start thing is nice, you just tap the 'start' positon, and it does it for you! the manual says if you try to 'start' it while running, it will ignore it... but i'm not willing to try it...

Is there any way to get the navigation to go where I want using voice commands WITHOUT calling OnStar?

ie 'Destination: Mom's' and have it go there? I have 'moms' as a voice tag in the navigation; but every time it wants to connect me to onstar. I don't need onstar, that's why i have this huge GPS thing!
Old April 29th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
The auto start thing is nice, you just tap the 'start' positon, and it does it for you! the manual says if you try to 'start' it while running, it will ignore it... but i'm not willing to try it...
I have and it does...
Old April 30th, 2009, 5:27 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Is there any way to get the navigation to go where I want using voice commands WITHOUT calling OnStar?

ie 'Destination: Mom's' and have it go there? I have 'moms' as a voice tag in the navigation; but every time it wants to connect me to onstar. I don't need onstar, that's why i have this huge GPS thing!
Have you read the Nav Manual? I believe it says to hit the mute button then speak the tag. But I'm not sure as don't use it that much. It's not that intuitive.