Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

3.8 Camaro backfiring and chugging

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2015, 9:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.8 Camaro backfiring and chugging

I have a 98 Camaro 3.8l v6 with a 100,000 on it. Recently the fuel pump went out, so I went to autozone and got a new fuel pump and replaced the old one once the new pump was in the car would not run right it was chugging really bad so I took the pump out thinking it was bad and exchanged it with another pump and it did not fix the problem. So I replaced all the plugs and wires fuel filter and the car was still not running right. The check engine light keeps pulling the same code cylinder 5 misfire... So I pulled all the injectors out and took a syringe and a hose and a battery and cleaned all the injectors out replaced the o rings and re installed them all with no luck the car is still running like crap backfiring under heavy excelaration it's still pulling cylinder 5 missfire codes what else could it be I don't think it could be a coil because they are double coils any help would be greatly apreciated