Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

4.3 cranks but will not start

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2013, 7:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.3 cranks but will not start

98 chevy 1500 4.3. truck always starts with no problems until today. motor turns over but she wont fire up. 6 months ago i had the intake gasket replaced and they said my distributer needed replacing, which i did. also replaced was cap n rotor. today i put in a ignition module. its getting fuel, the pump is purring as usual, i even spilled some gas down the throat, still no fire.plugs n wires are also good. tomorrow ill try a new coil, what else could it be? any ideas would be greatly apprieciated.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 9:52 PM
Former Sponsor

If a new coil doesn't fix your problem, it would be right to see this as a compression problem.

Check your crank position sensor since you have replaced the distributor and that contains the cam position sensor.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 9:14 AM
CF Beginner

Default got it running

all it needed was new plug wires, now it runs great. the last set of wires had less than 30k miles on them. whats wierd is that it ran fine, than 1 day it would not fire at all. had many vehicles over the years that would at least run like crap with old plugs and other parts but still ran. i guess its these new computerized vehicles electrical parts need to be in good shape or your in trouble.