C2500 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

C2500

Old March 15th, 2019, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default C2500

Hello all I have a 98 c2500 with 5.7 vortec that has me scratching my head.Iíve replaced the following:injectors,plugs,wires,distributor cap,egr valve, fuel pump,ignition control module,fuel filter. Iím still having a skip in it and if you give it throttle while taking off it almost cuts off. Itís not throwing any codes thatís why I canít figure out whatís wrong any help or advice would be appreciated!!
Old March 16th, 2019, 2:15 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazeerebel View Post
Hello all I have a 98 c2500 with 5.7 vortec that has me scratching my head.Iíve replaced the following:injectors,plugs,wires,distributor cap,egr valve, fuel pump,ignition control module,fuel filter. Iím still having a skip in it and if you give it throttle while taking off it almost cuts off. Itís not throwing any codes thatís why I canít figure out whatís wrong any help or advice would be appreciated!!
Did you clean the MAF sensor yet? Sometimes they need cleaning/replacement but wont throw a code.
Old March 17th, 2019, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

Default c2500

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry View Post
Did you clean the MAF sensor yet? Sometimes they need cleaning/replacement but wont throw a code.
Thought that might be the problem seen couple videos said to unplug MAF sensor with engine running if continued to run that was the issue I unplugged mine and it continued to run so gonna try cleaning or replacing it will update
Old March 17th, 2019, 12:44 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazeerebel View Post

Thought that might be the problem seen couple videos said to unplug MAF sensor with engine running if continued to run that was the issue I unplugged mine and it continued to run so gonna try cleaning or replacing it will update
Let us know if it worked.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: