Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

C2500

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2019, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C2500

Hello all I have a 98 c2500 with 5.7 vortec that has me scratching my head.I’ve replaced the following:injectors,plugs,wires,distributor cap,egr valve, fuel pump,ignition control module,fuel filter. I’m still having a skip in it and if you give it throttle while taking off it almost cuts off. It’s not throwing any codes that’s why I can’t figure out what’s wrong any help or advice would be appreciated!!
Old March 16th, 2019, 2:15 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazeerebel
Hello all I have a 98 c2500 with 5.7 vortec that has me scratching my head.I’ve replaced the following:injectors,plugs,wires,distributor cap,egr valve, fuel pump,ignition control module,fuel filter. I’m still having a skip in it and if you give it throttle while taking off it almost cuts off. It’s not throwing any codes that’s why I can’t figure out what’s wrong any help or advice would be appreciated!!
Did you clean the MAF sensor yet? Sometimes they need cleaning/replacement but wont throw a code.
Old March 17th, 2019, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c2500

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Did you clean the MAF sensor yet? Sometimes they need cleaning/replacement but wont throw a code.
Thought that might be the problem seen couple videos said to unplug MAF sensor with engine running if continued to run that was the issue I unplugged mine and it continued to run so gonna try cleaning or replacing it will update
Old March 17th, 2019, 12:44 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazeerebel

Thought that might be the problem seen couple videos said to unplug MAF sensor with engine running if continued to run that was the issue I unplugged mine and it continued to run so gonna try cleaning or replacing it will update
Let us know if it worked.