Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Child Safety Fault

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2020, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Child Safety Fault

Sorry in advance for the long post just want to cover everything. A couple months ago I replaced my door speakers in my truck and after putting everything back realized a flashing yellow light for my child safety lock when my truck starts. Now my truck rear drivers side door wont open from inside it opens from outside. I believe the door thinks its on child safety mode but i don't know. I took the panel off the door this weekend and when I take the cable out for the handle I can turn child safety on and off no problem usually it would blink if i turned it on. I then pulled the cable with my hand where the ball is and I could hear the door engaging so then I closed the door and got in and pulled the ball and the door opened. I figured out when i put the cable back attached to the door is when it doesn't want to work but, I put the door panel back on and tried again and it worked so then I drove out of garage and got my wife to try to open door from outside so she pulled handle and it wouldn't open even though the truck was unlocked so then I hit child safety and then it went back to doing the blinking again but then allowed her to open door but then it went back to not allowing exit from inside.