Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

4 Door Door Assembly

Old July 1st, 2006, 6:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Door Door Assembly

I was taking my door apart because the exterior door handle was broken so i went to replace it and everything was going good untill I tryed closing the door. The outside is alltogether, all the rods where connected and where on good. It was late so I didn't finish putting the interior panel on and the next morning I go to open the door and it won't open? I tried fromt he inside and it wouldn't open either. I finally get in the car and start trying to pull the handle to open it. It finally goes but I think something broke inside the door? The inside feels like there is nothing connecting to it. I rip away all the foam insulation and see there isn't anyting connectiong it where it acually would open the door. The outside doesn't work still. Does anybody know what I can do to atleast get one of them to work. Any pictures would help maybe.

thanks
Old July 6th, 2006, 1:13 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: 4 Door Door Assembly

i would take off the oposite door panal to look at that one and compare it to the broken one see if all the parts are there. and also to see where all the rods go to open the doors.
Old July 20th, 2006, 1:32 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 4 Door Door Assembly

I got it all figured out. The rod that pushed the lever was to short with the new handle so I had to take it out rebend it and all. The inside handle wasn't working due to the lever that pushed the opening lever got all bend and turned out of place. Just a little rebending and got it all to work.