Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Distributor rebuild.

Search this Thread

Old June 17th, 2020, 4:32 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmitriy Ch.
Hey Thanks for advice they really have everything much less then Napa including shipping.
Napa is okay, but don't buy a battery from them. I don't know where they are made but they are junk.
Old June 17th, 2020, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Napa is okay, but don't buy a battery from them. I don't know where they are made but they are junk.
Would argue about that. I had napa battery in 95 Corolla for 3 years it was starting at -45 with no heater without any problems.
Also have it in my motorhome 220$ but starting without problems after 8 months of standing with no chargers or whatever + 5 years repl. warranty.
Old June 17th, 2020, 7:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys is there filter in that smog pump?
Old June 20th, 2020, 4:09 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmitriy Ch.

Guys is there filter in that smog pump?
Nope, there is no filter on a smog pump.

The blades on the pump are supposed to help throw dirt and dust out, but if you are in lots of dust, you are up the creek with no paddle. The old man had a 1969 C-60 medium-duty 4-barrel Holly and a 366 cubic inch mill with a smog pump, 5-speed stick with an electronic two-speed axle and closed chambered heads. Went in LOTS of dust, off-road. Between the smog pumps and the diverter valves, we spent a lot of $$$ on that P-O-S, until I found out that it was not required. I ripped that entire system off; blocked the exhaust port holes with steel plugs,

Threw the entire speed-limiting system off, installed a distributor with vacuum advance, and electronic ignition; chucked the smogged-out Holley carburetor for a new one that was not part of the speed limiting system. Thankfully they didn't use serpentine belts back then, just V-belts. Increased horsepower and fuel mileage by a lot. Like 5 MPG to 7.5 MPG. I hate smog pumps!
The following users liked this post:
Dmitriy Ch. (June 20th, 2020)