Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Fuel tank venting issue!!

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2010, 11:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fuel tank venting issue!!

I have a 2003 suburban 1500 5.3L and I am having a major gas odor coming from the truck after it has been runnging for at least 2 hours. When I remove the gas cap I get literally blown away and misted with gas. It seems like the tank is not venting at all or not enough. I have been told it may be the tank pressure sensor and the vapor canister or a evap solenoid. Can someone please steer me in the right direction!!! Check engine light is not on and I have had it hooked to a computer and send no codes. Please advise!! Much appreciated!
Old February 3rd, 2010, 7:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel oder

look under truck see wherether or not there is 2 lines coming from the gas tank to the spout where u put in the gas if there is 2 take the little one off and see if you can blow through it,may want to check holes where the hose was, if not that could well be a purge tank/soilned problem, a small vacumm leak in the evap system could cause odor but may not trigger a dtc. hope thisa helps