Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Need help with tranny issue!!

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2013, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with tranny issue!!

I've got a 2006 Silverado 1500, 2wd, 4.3 v6, 4L60E tranny. Had a U joint going bad, put pressure on the tranny which made the solenoid codes pop up. Replaced the u joint and the codes for the 2-3 shift , TCC and the Pressure Control Solenoids came up. So, now I just replaced all solenoids, new filter kit. Truck shifts into reverse great, no jerking or slamming, gentle shift into neutral, easy, normal shift into drive. Start driving and now it won't shift out of first. Got Speedo and tack working fine, just won't shift out of first. Took it all apart again, just to make sure I didn't miss anything, put it back together and it's still stuck in first. Automatic tranny by the way. Don't know what to look at or try now besides taking it to a shop and running it on a computer and paying an outrageous price. Please help.....
Old November 4th, 2013, 10:55 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to say though taking it to shop may be your best bet. A good trans shop too. Hopefully a dealership around you has a good trans tech. I'm more curious if the vehicle is really in first and won't upshift or if its stuck in 3rd. Which would sound like an ignition switch problem since one of the legs in the ignition switch provide power to the shift solenoids. But a shop will be able to drive vehicle and look at gear ratio while driving and determine what gear your stuck in and also be able to see and hear if 1-2 and 2-3 shift solenoids are working properly. So my advice is take to shop honestly.