Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Please Help 2010 Silverado Problems

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2021, 1:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help 2010 Silverado Problems

I have had a Service Stablitrak and Service Traction Control issues for years and the truck used to go into limp mode and only go about 15 mph. After several attempts, tune up with new plugs and wires, the dealer finally replaced a ECM sensor last year and had GM cover the cost. Now my truck, 2010 Silverado 5.3L with approximately 234000 miles, is showing same lights and the truck is idling like it is misfiring and stalling at times. I am getting codes P0521, P0523, P0300, and P0106. I am also not reading an oil pressure on gauge. I can't help but think it is an electronic issue with sensors or something but a local shop told me that the engine needs to be replaced. They said with no oil pressure and the ticking and misfiring on 3 cylinders, the motor is about to go at any time and of course quoted me a nice hefty $4500 charge for reman motor with only a 90 day warranty. I am trying to figure out if I should get a 2nd opinion and actually take it to dealership or try to see about having motor replaced. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old January 6th, 2021, 12:48 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by johnboyml
I have had a Service Stablitrak and Service Traction Control issues for years and the truck used to go into limp mode and only go about 15 mph. After several attempts, tune up with new plugs and wires, the dealer finally replaced a ECM sensor last year and had GM cover the cost. Now my truck, 2010 Silverado 5.3L with approximately 234000 miles, is showing same lights and the truck is idling like it is misfiring and stalling at times. I am getting codes P0521, P0523, P0300, and P0106. I am also not reading an oil pressure on gauge. I can't help but think it is an electronic issue with sensors or something but a local shop told me that the engine needs to be replaced. They said with no oil pressure and the ticking and misfiring on 3 cylinders, the motor is about to go at any time and of course quoted me a nice hefty $4500 charge for reman motor with only a 90 day warranty. I am trying to figure out if I should get a 2nd opinion and actually take it to dealership or try to see about having motor replaced. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Well, your oil pressure sensor is likely gone, but only a real test can be made with a manual oil pressure sensor. If you really had no oil pressure your engine would freeze up, with no oil getting to the parts, so your motor is getting oil to your engine.

As for misfire, I'd add some Techron Complete and take it out and rev the hell out of the motor, as your fuel injection system is likely plugged up, particularly if you used cheap gasoline for many years. You get what you pay for with cheap gasoline.