Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Please help asap!

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2012, 9:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Please help asap!

Hi there, in new to this Chevy Forum, very, very new. but i thought this would be the best place to post my questions and i have 3. and for those wondering, i have a 1992 Chevrolet S-10, 4.3L V6 Automatic. okay now thats out of the way:

1. when i start my truck up in the morning it runs fine, a little loud, but nothing really out of the ordinary, but after about 2-3 minutes i notice that my truck makes almost a whining noise if im going at least 40-45 mph and it stops when i let off the accelerator. this problem was similar to another gentlemen in the threads and he posted a video, but we have 2 separate problems. i'll post a video when possible

2. When im sitting at a stop light or just stopped in general with my foot on the brake i feel like the brake itself is stuck and i feel it almost "pop" you could say when i push the gas, it doesn't feel normal.

3. this is more of a two part question but when i got the truck it was just ending winter and i really had no use for the heater or the A/C so i never turned it on. but on a rainy night i turned on my defrost and for 1 it made my windows worse, so i had to keep a wet paper towel and wipe my windshield every 2 seconds so i could see. i asked a buddy and he said it sounded like my heater core went bad, but i just don't know. also when i turned it off, it sounded like it was still on low, and its really bothering me. i took out the A/C control panel and messed with a wire or two (just touching them, moving them around) and the problem stopped, but now its doing it again and i cant stand the noise anymore, i don't know what to do. it aggravating

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, i will be greatful to anyone who can answer these problems because they have either had the same problems, or they have heard of this happening before!
Attached Thumbnails Please help asap!-img_1385.jpg  
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:43 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

If the problem stopped by touching wires in the A/C control panel you are on to something. there must be a bad connection or loose wire there. Investigate further.
Old April 17th, 2012, 1:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 91 4.3l v6 whines too. sometimes it travels in to my sub woofers and sounds like i have a turbine engine in the back.
the faster i go the higher it gets.
I think its just how they sound or. i traced the sound to my injectors.
not sure if there bad or good or not but there expensive as ****.

the heater core in the 4.3 engines always went bad.
i replaced mine and it went bad again but then eventually clogged itself some how.