Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Radio and Speaker issue 20210 Chevy Aveo LS

Search this Thread

Old March 20th, 2018, 9:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio and Speaker issue 20210 Chevy Aveo LS

Hello.

I have a 2010 Chevy Aveo LS and for a few months, I've noticed radio issues. My radio would turn on and speakers worked just fine but would intermittently lose sound. The radio is on when the speakers stop working but stuck on that channel I was listening to. Sometimes when the speaker sound went off, I could switch the station and then switch it back and then the sound would return again. I noticed that when the speakers stopped working and the radio stuck to that channel, I would hear a crackling sound coming from the speakers. Now, the radio comes on, it's stuck on one channel but the speakers have no sound whatsoever. Does anyone have any idea what's going on??? By the way, the radio and all speakers are factory installed.

Last edited by Shawnlong823; March 20th, 2018 at 9:58 AM. Reason: Miss spoke.
Old February 12th, 2020, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawnlong823
Hello.

I have a 2010 Chevy Aveo LS and for a few months, I've noticed radio issues. My radio would turn on and speakers worked just fine but would intermittently lose sound. The radio is on when the speakers stop working but stuck on that channel I was listening to. Sometimes when the speaker sound went off, I could switch the station and then switch it back and then the sound would return again. I noticed that when the speakers stopped working and the radio stuck to that channel, I would hear a crackling sound coming from the speakers. Now, the radio comes on, it's stuck on one channel but the speakers have no sound whatsoever. Does anyone have any idea what's going on??? By the way, the radio and all speakers are factory installed.

I have the exact same issue with my 2010 aveo 4 dr. Its crazy its like you for detail explain what my radio has been doing for over a year. Have you had any updates on this, did you resovle this? If you have please tell me what you did! Thank you in advance