Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Rear tail lights not working need help please!

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2022, 6:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear tail lights not working need help please!

Strange case here. I have 07 tahoe ltz 5.3 flex. The left and right tail lights do not come on when brake is pressed. The middle light however does come on. I have brake light power to the trailer plug. I have replaced all fuses that are for the brakes and tail lights. I have replaced the bulbs. I have also replaced the brake switch. Here's where it gets strange. When I press the unlock button on the keyless remote both filaments in the bulb light up. The left and right turn signal work fine. Not sure where to go from here. Any help is appreciated!
Old March 31st, 2022, 2:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back lights or tail lights, are a significant wellbeing highlight on your vehicle, particularly while driving around evening time or in awful climate. These lights let different drivers in on where you are out and about and enlighten more splendid to show when you are slowing down. At the point when back lights fall flat, in addition to the fact that it be can perilous for yourself and different drivers, it can likewise bring about a reference from a cop. On the off chance that you notice an issue with your back lights, you ought to have it examined right away.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Last edited by kiloskd; March 31st, 2022 at 2:37 AM.
Old April 16th, 2022, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear tail lights not working need help please!

Originally Posted by warnerffemt
Strange case here. I have 07 tahoe ltz 5.3 flex. The left and right tail lights do not come on when brake is pressed. The middle light however does come on. I have brake light power to the trailer plug. I have replaced all fuses that are for the brakes and tail lights. I have replaced the bulbs. I have also replaced the brake switch. Here's where it gets strange. When I press the unlock button on the keyless remote both filaments in the bulb light up. The left and right turn signal work fine. Not sure where to go from here. Any help is appreciated!
Greetings Warner!

Did You check for voltage, where the bulbs plug in? When You press the brake pedal, is the middle light affected?

As far as the "Keyless" causing " both filaments in the bulb light up.",.... Meaning both lights- Driver's & Passenger's side, or just one light bulb? And are You sure that when the "Keyless" is pressed that the Hi & Low beam filaments are "Lighting up"?

If all of that is happening,... Then your 07 Tahoe sounds kinda like my "Possessed 07 Chevy Express",... But, I believe that I have a Bad Grounding Issue, which is affecting my Dash Cluster, & Radio that go back to normal op,when the brake pedal is pushed. Whereas when you press the brake pedal, you are not getting your rear brake lights.

I'm thinking that you also have a "Bad Ground Issue".