Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

"Service Theft Deterrent System" Vehicle won't start - new battery

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2016, 5:03 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Theft detterent system

Well Jasmine from GM,
I have had my 2015 silverado still under warrenty in four times for this problem! GM is grasping at straws! I have a new vehicle that I cannot trust to start!! Whats your solution for me? I emailed Allen Betty Himself twice! This is obviously a common problem in GM AUTOS WHEN WILL IT BE RESOLVED! DO I PAINT MY NEW TRUCK THAT IM PAYING FOR YELLOW AND OFFER TO DO COMMERCIALS FOR FORD MOTOR CO?
Old April 15th, 2016, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default Vehicle won't start

This car (2012 Chevy Cruze Eco) is so frustrating. Had to pay $120 just for dealer to look at it. Before I called the truck I tried disconnecting the battery for a half hour. I tried waiting out the warning light as another contributor suggested. No luck. So it's at the dealer now and I'm without a car. This should be covered or a recall. Nearly everyone who has this car has this issue at some point it seems.
Old April 15th, 2016, 5:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by drewmelvin
This car (2012 Chevy Cruze Eco) is so frustrating. Had to pay $120 just for dealer to look at it. Before I called the truck I tried disconnecting the battery for a half hour. I tried waiting out the warning light as another contributor suggested. No luck. So it's at the dealer now and I'm without a car. This should be covered or a recall. Nearly everyone who has this car has this issue at some point it seems.
Hello drewmelvin,

I recognize your frustration and do apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced with your Cruze. Please keep us updated on your dealership visit. We're available via private message if further assistance is needed.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 26th, 2016, 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

I have the exact same problem
Old April 26th, 2016, 11:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default Dealer

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello drewmelvin,

I recognize your frustration and do apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced with your Cruze. Please keep us updated on your dealership visit. We're available via private message if further assistance is needed.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
It ended up costing me $429.00 and was not covered under the useless wrap coverage I bought when I bought the car new from Chevy. This was to program the ECM and provide me with a new key fob.
Old April 27th, 2016, 4:11 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Franco.Jenny Reyes Santillan
I have the exact same problem
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a similar concern, Franco. Have you made your servicing dealership aware? We'd be happy to contact them on your behalf and research this in greater depth. Our team is available via private message and only need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership to get started.

Thank you!

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 27th, 2016, 4:28 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by drewmelvin
It ended up costing me $429.00 and was not covered under the useless wrap coverage I bought when I bought the car new from Chevy. This was to program the ECM and provide me with a new key fob.

Thank you for the follow up, drewmelvin. I understand how unsettling out of pocket expenses can be and do apologize for the undesirable outcome. If you have any additional questions or concerns, you're more than welcome to send us a private message. We'd be happy to help.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Service; April 27th, 2016 at 4:30 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2016, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

I am having the same issue with my 2012 Chevy Cruze, it is at the dealer now. It is very frustrating, is there any solution that was designed to correct this issue without out of pocket expenses?
Old August 5th, 2016, 5:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default 08 Chevy Impala won't start

Hi my 08 Chevy Impala v6 3.5L won't start after I changed the module please help it is telling me to service the theft deterrent system. 2g1wb58k6I9185480

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
I apologize for this! If you need any additional assistance into the dealership, please feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 5th, 2016, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default No power to radio

How do i reset my radio without going to dealer

Quick Reply: "Service Theft Deterrent System" Vehicle won't start - new battery