Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Suburban CODE problems...

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2006, 9:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suburban CODE problems...

I own a great 2002 Z71 suburban and have recently had problems with several codes all at once. The vehicle has been at our local chevy dealer for a week and a half and they have found nothing.

Here is what the vehicle did....

While driving the Tach, speedo, fuel gauge, temp gauge, odometer and PRND321 illumination all quit working and the check engine soon light came on. Onstar listed as tranny module and an air bag code? When this happened the truck would not automaticaly frop into first gear at a stop and started wither in 2nd, maybe 3rd. aslo while driving in this condition the transmission kick down would not drop a gear when the accelerator hit the floor.

The GM dfelaer came up with the following codes...

P0740
P0753
P0758
P0785
P1860

The dealer did reprogram and indicate the vehicle was fixed and when I went to pick it up and drove it about 1/4 mile and then the check engine came on again ant he code was a B1367.

I have been back once since and the vehicle acted just as it did when I intially dropped it off andall codes where the as the 5 above....

Any help???

Scott
Old October 18th, 2006, 11:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Suburban CODE problems...

Sounds like what I had going on with my F350...(I know it's not a chevy) but anyway I had to fork out the money for a new PCM. also known as an ECM or brain box. $980.00 but I never had problems with the truck again. Also have them check the wiring harness to the ECM. Sometimes the pins get pushed back or corroded and can cause a no contact situation.

Kik