Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Tech Service Bulletin by VIN

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2010, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech Service Bulletin by VIN

Is there a place where I can find Tech Service bulletins for my car?
Old January 11th, 2010, 5:35 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

a few of us have access to them if you can give us an idea of what your looking for we can post it here
Old January 12th, 2010, 4:07 PM
CF Beginner

2004 Silverado LT, 53000 miles, leather seats, driver side seat heater. constantly cycles on and off. wireing diagram or the fix if you know one.
Old January 12th, 2010, 8:07 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

#PIT3287D: Heated Seat Inoperative Or Shuts Off In 30 Seconds - keywords B1825 B2435 B2440 B3606 - (Oct 2, 2006)

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100>Subject:</TD><TD vAlign=top>Heated Seat Inoperative or Shuts Off In 30 Seconds</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100>Models:</TD><TD vAlign=top>2003-2006 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2003-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2003-2007 Silverado Classic</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2003-2007 GMC Sierra Classic, Sierra Denali Classic</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2003-2006 Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali XL</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2003-2007 Hummer H2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<HR>The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
<A href="#ss1-1864985">Condition/Concern:

Driver and passenger heated seats inoperative or shut off in 30 seconds. There will be DTCs B2435, B2440, B3606 and/or B1825 set in the Drivers Seat Module. The adjustable pedal position sensor, seat recliner position sensor and both heat seat thermistors share the same 5 volt reference internal to the Drivers Seat Module. A fault in any of these components/circuits can make the heated seats inoperative or shut off in 30 seconds, as well as, the seat recliner and/or adjustment pedals may move in short increments when operated. A fault in heated seats, adjustable pedal or seat recliner will affect BOTH heated seats.
Note:: Even if the vehicle is not equipped with adjustable pedals DTC B3606 still may set.
<A href="#ss2-1864985">Recommendation/Instructions:

To help isolate the area of concern use the Tech 2 and go to "Sensor Data" in the Drivers Seat Module. Monitor the following parameters for being out of range:
Recline Position- Normal range .39V-4.58V
Pedal Position (if equipped) - Normal range .39V-4.58V
Psgr. Seat Heat Sensor- Normal range 1V-4V
Drvr. Seat Heat Sensor- Normal range 1V-4V
If a parameter is found to be out of range inspect circuits for any opens, shorts to ground, or voltage. If none found replace the suspect component.
Please be aware of the following common areas of concern:
  1. [*]
Clearing DTCs
If DTCs will not clear when using the Tech 2 after a repair has been made, try operating the device in which the repair was made. Example, if a repair was made to the passenger heated seat thermistor circuit, the DTCs may not clear unless the passenger heated seat is operated.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
Old February 25th, 2013, 11:48 AM
CF Beginner

Hi. I know this post is old but hopefully someone reads it! I've been having issues with my 2011 Equinox and I've done searches and found a service bulletin exactly related to my issues but when I had someone check at a dealer, they're only referring to the 2 recalls which I'm not concerned with. Is there someone that can check to see if the service bulletin I'm interested in is for my car? When I did a search and found the bulletin, it came back with "certain models" for my year of car and want to be sure it's mine.
Old February 25th, 2013, 2:11 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SusietheNox
Hi. I know this post is old but hopefully someone reads it! I've been having issues with my 2011 Equinox and I've done searches and found a service bulletin exactly related to my issues but when I had someone check at a dealer, they're only referring to the 2 recalls which I'm not concerned with. Is there someone that can check to see if the service bulletin I'm interested in is for my car? When I did a search and found the bulletin, it came back with "certain models" for my year of car and want to be sure it's mine.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> SusietheNox,

I’m sorry you are experiencing an issue with your Equinox vehicle. Would you please PM me your VIN so I can look into this for you? What issue are you experiencing?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 25th, 2013, 3:41 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4x4 and the fuel gauge does not work change dash and fuel pump/sending unit with new GM parts and it still reads empty. I believe I saw a service letter or bulletin on this some where?