Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Transmission/Motor mount problems..Help please !

Old October 29th, 2007, 6:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission/Motor mount problems..Help please !

Ok i bought a 04 Olds Alero and it had a bad fronttransmission mount..I replaced itwith a usedmount that came off a car with 40.000 miles.After the mount was on i got a lot of noise and viberation when i gave it gas.My mechanic told me i had another bad mount.This mount was the back tranmission mount so i replaced it new.Afterputting the back mount oni started getting a lot of rough soundingnoise's when i hold my breakandit was indrive.I then replaced the motor mount new and the car ran a lot better and almost like new again.The engine would set and idel nice and smooth and it was a lot better,but when i would put it in reverse i got more viberation so i replaced the driver side mount that's located over the driver side axle.Now today i picked up my car and it is running like ****.When i give it gas the engine is loud and has like a viberating noisethat you cab hearinside the car.The engine also sets and shakes when it is in park .When i cut a corner i hear a bumping noise once again like i still have bad mounts on there.Also when i step off and on the gas you can hear a poping like noise also.I know also have like a noise coming from my tansmission whenrunning.It's like everything is in a jam and out of postion.

What could still be wrong ? Like i said befor i put the side transmission mount on it was running like a new car beside's the viberation i would get in reverse .
Old November 1st, 2007, 12:27 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Transmission/Motor mount problems..Help please !

I'm sorry. I'd love to help you out, but your spelling and grammer are so poor, that I can't really make any sense of your writing. Something about motor mounts? Thats all I got.
Old November 1st, 2007, 12:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Also, what in the world is a mcaninch ???
Old November 1st, 2007, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

Hey guy's sorry about my grammer..I corrected it a bit so maybe now you all can better understand my problem.Thanks!