Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

wirering problems, need HELP!

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2009, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wirering problems, need HELP!

i have a 85 shevy scottsdale that was one of the piece of **** diesils and i have put a 350 in it, the truck runs and drives but i have major wirering problems, i have brake lights, and when they come on my front signals come on solid, other than that i have no tail lights head lights or signals.
i know barely anything about wiring and any help would be greatly appretiated,
thanks
volpatti
Old December 26th, 2009, 8:27 PM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is going to be tough to help you with since you have a limited knowledge of wiring. Start with the basics, check the fuses, check the bulbs, check the wires for wear or breakage. That would be a start, check ground wires as well as power wires.
Old December 27th, 2009, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

i did not switch over the wirering harnes, but i believe the problems were there before, about 70% sure. there is even a couple fuses on the one side of my fuse box that are not getting power, they are not for the tail lights or signals or anything like that but could it affaect it? i was wondering about putting in a new fuse box
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:17 AM
CF Beginner

I have an '84 that still has the diesel, and had similar problems a year ago. Turns out I smashed the trailer plug somehow, making things short out. i.e. front park lamps lighting with the brake lights. However, I still had headlights. I just wanted to give ya a place to check, good luck!
Old December 28th, 2009, 9:14 PM
CF Beginner

thanks ill check all that over, and when i signal the lights on the dash do not come on and there is no clicking.
and the trailer plug on this one is unhooked, maybe ill check the wires that went to it to see if the were wrapped up properly and not shorting