Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

XM Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2016, 4:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello !
I also got the same problem with my XM radio. Thanks for the suggestions I simply follow it and it works.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 11:04 AM
CF Beginner

Hello all,

I tried the above method on my Chevy Malibu 2013 and it worked slightly. It brought back the option, but it will say "XM unavailable" and switch to AM or FM. Then at one point it got as far as XM Channel 1, but no sound was coming out. The last several tries though went back to "XM unavailable". Anyone run into this problem? I had the choice all the way up until the last couple months. Also my Bumper to Bumper was up in the last couple of months.

Thanks
Old December 31st, 2016, 5:00 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

At first I thought that this might cause a problem with my 2006 GMC Sierra, but IT WORKS. I rarely reply to forums but this really helped and saved me a lot of aggravation, The dealer worked on my vehicle and when I called about this problem they scheduled me for another appointment, I guess the GM techs do not all realize the issue disconnecting a battery will cause with certain factory radios, Thank You to the initial post and all that confirmed the solution!.
Old December 7th, 2017, 6:00 AM
CF Beginner

Default Jeff arrow

Originally Posted by hohenpa
I having the same issue with XM Radio. I'm gonna try this and see if it works for me.
. I will repley back. I have a 16 Suburban Just had it in garage one night ...
Old February 8th, 2018, 7:07 AM
CF Beginner

THANK YOU!!!

This is awesome as I have recently lost both my XM and bluetooth! I just replaced the original battery in my 2009 HHR, but you just saved me a lot of wasted time and money (no dealership service call)...not to mention the next outburst of not so lady-like expletives. :-)
Old February 9th, 2018, 7:23 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Shirley Polaski
THANK YOU!!!

This is awesome as I have recently lost both my XM and bluetooth! I just replaced the original battery in my 2009 HHR, but you just saved me a lot of wasted time and money (no dealership service call)...not to mention the next outburst of not so lady-like expletives. :-)
It's great to find this helpful information. Most repair places, including dealerships, do not know this fix.
I'm glad it worked for you!
Old September 9th, 2018, 12:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default It works. I put my jumper cables on touched them and bam. There were my stations

[QUOTE=jim2074;240536]I had the same problem. Had a dead battery. After recharging the battery no XM was showing on my radio. When I would push the band button only FM and AM would show.

Called dealer told me to pull both positive and negative battery cables off of battery. Then touch them together and hook back up.

That solved the problem. My XM band is now showing again. Hoooray!!![/QUO
Old May 31st, 2019, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default It works for real I done ✅ it on my 2010 Chevrolet Corvette

Originally Posted by jim2074
I had the same problem. Had a dead battery. After recharging the battery no XM was showing on my radio. When I would push the band button only FM and AM would show.

Called dealer told me to pull both positive and negative battery cables off of battery. Then touch them together and hook back up.

That solved the problem. My XM band is now showing again. Hoooray!!!
I had the same problem on my 2010 Chevrolet Corvette I pull off positive and negative cable off and touch them together and put them back on and my xm showed back up on my radio
Old August 20th, 2019, 3:45 AM
CF Beginner

Default Hello: I have the same XM issue

Changed my battery on my 06 Tahoe now my band button won’t go to xm. How can I touch the cables together? They currently have those thick rubber at the ends. Is there a way to remove them? Or is there another trick without getting shocked? Lol. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I miss my XM especially on Vegas runs. Ty.
Old November 10th, 2019, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default XM issues

Originally Posted by jim2074
I had the same problem. Had a dead battery. After recharging the battery no XM was showing on my radio. When I would push the band button only FM and AM would show.

That solved the problem. My XM band is now showing again. Hoooray!!!
I have 2 batteries. Does both batteries need to be disconnected? I tried it with both batteries disconnected and I touched both sets together and it had no effect.

Quick Reply: XM Radio Problem