Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

03 impala Blower motor

Search this Thread

Old July 29th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Impala Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your stupid to trade in over a resistor.
Old August 30th, 2010, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default Speeds 1 & 2 don't work

2000 Impala, speeds 1 & 2 of the blower quit working. Now just 3 4 and 5. Sounds like a blower winding to me. Thoughts?
Old September 8th, 2010, 7:08 PM
CF Beginner

yup it sux, i used a swivel head socket,,,,
Old October 19th, 2010, 10:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default Anyone have a diagram or pic?

I have to tackle this job also this weekend. If anyone has an image of some type it would be greatly appreciated! I would like to know what I'm in for. Thanks, Mike
Old November 4th, 2010, 11:08 AM
CF Beginner

I've had the same problem with my 01' Impala. From everything I've read, and personal experience, almost anything to do with the fan speed is the blower motor resistor failing. In my case, the blower stayed running on full speed even when the ignition was completely off. It is a real pain to fix, really only because of where it's located, but definitely worth it to do it yourself. The part is only about $30.

I've read on other sites that moisture getting on the resistor is what causes it to fail, and there are some sites that even have fixes to keep especially rain from getting in. I wouldn't doubt if this was the case because mine failed when I was driving in a solid downpour.

Here's a link to a youtube video. I didn't take out the glove box or cut the mat when I changed mine, but it should give you a good idea of the process:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-iBxXUWogY

Hope this helps.
Old November 6th, 2010, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks a million for that link. Looks exactly like my car. In a few minutes here, I am going to try to tackle this job myself. I'd have been lost without that vid.

Even in that vid it looks like a bear to change. I am not looking forward to this.
Old November 25th, 2010, 11:28 AM
CF Beginner

i think my blower motor is bad. i hear it squeeling then something was clicking then it sound like it got jammed and never worked again. i been searching on how to remove the blower motor, thanks for the instructions