Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

06 impala ls wiring subs

Old July 9th, 2010, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 impala ls wiring subs

hi i have a 2006 impala ls and i just got 2 type r subs with an Alpine 1200 watt amp. im keeping the stock radio cause its nice and im wondering what i have to do to hook up the system with radio? and how do i get the radio out anyways? ha thanks for the help

Chad
Old July 10th, 2010, 8:48 AM
Impala Super Moderator

To remove:You just need to remove the trim around the radio. Any flat tool will be fine. Just be careful not to scratch anything. I used a thin flat head screw driver and just got one or two of the tabs popped out then pulled it the rest by hand. Like I said just be very careful not to scratch your dash.

To work with you factory radio, you need a line level converter
Old February 29th, 2012, 1:33 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2000 impala wiring subs

i have 2 jl audio w3 running on a pyramid 1000 watt 2 channel amp im getting power to the amp but nothing from the subs, i tested the subs on a friends amp and they work fine my question is am i going to have to bypass the factory amp? i have an aftermarket head unit in already im out of options and kinda confused never had this problem before
Old September 13th, 2012, 3:52 PM
CF Beginner

If you want to keep your stock head unit you will need an amp with speaker level inputs so you can tap into the speaker wire for power. What's the model on your amp?
Old October 4th, 2012, 6:38 AM
CF Beginner

Forgive me. I was just looking back at my last post and I believe I may have misled you. You DO wanna get an amp with speaker level inputs, as it will eliminate the need to buy a converter. But tapping into the speaker wire does not POWER the amp, it's simply where you will get your SIGNAL from (Like how RCA's send the signal to an amp from an aftermarket head unit). In order to POWER your amp, you will still need an amp install kit. I apologize if I confused you with my last post. Saw how misleading it could be when I looked back on it...