Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

'08 Chevy Impala Secondary Air Injector System Troubles

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2010, 5:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '08 Chevy Impala Secondary Air Injector System Troubles

I have a 2008 Chevy Impala that had the "Check Engine" light on. When checking the code it returned "P0411" - meaning "secondary air injector system incorrect flow". Any suggestions?
The following users liked this post:
Jose vargas (August 30th, 2022)
Old March 5th, 2011, 8:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schreiber
I have a 2008 Chevy Impala that had the "Check Engine" light on. When checking the code it returned "P0411" - meaning "secondary air injector system incorrect flow". Any suggestions?

I'm having the same problem and can't figure it out. I replaced my gas cap, and just had the Solenoid sensor replaced as well. Engine light came back on after driving 78 miles. My mechanic still isn't sure what it could be. If you find a fix for it, please let me know! I can't get my car to pass the inspection!!!
Old March 8th, 2011, 6:08 PM
CF Beginner

I had the same problem with my '08 Impala as the both of you... with the same check engine light code of P0411. Today, I went to the dealer and had it repaired. They followed diagnostic procedures and went to that secondary air pump system. One of the one-way valves was stuck open, and air was flowing in the wrong direction, hence the check engine light and the P0411. They removed the stuck one-way valve and replaced it, along with its gasket. They also cleaned and lubricated the system while they were in there. They then reset the computer and cleared the code. I drove the car today from the dealer to work and then from work home. It ran great and the light did not come back on. When they reset the computer and cleared the code, it also reset my remote start, which now works absolutely fine. Hope this explanation helps! By the way, in this case, the gas cap has absolutely nothing to do with the problem...
Old March 9th, 2011, 5:24 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks DavidS1206! After doing more research, thats what I'm finding is as common as the Solenoid sensor. Do you mind if I ask how much it cost to have the one way valve and gasket replaced, or if its covered under the Emissions warranty?

Thanks in advance!
Old March 9th, 2011, 6:14 PM
CF Beginner

Cost me NOTHING except a couple of hours time to have this fixed. I have GMPP until 100K miles, but I believe it is covered under everyone's 100K mile powertrain warranty. That is what my dealer covered it through. Yay!!
Old July 30th, 2013, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Schreiber
I had the same problem. I had to replace the air pump and the valve. Dealer wanted 1100 just for replacing just the valve. I paid 175 for the valve and 150 for the pump. Takes about an hour for each. For the valve I only had to remove the plastic cover covering the top of the engine. Nothing to remove doing the pump just a couple of hoses. Dealers are a rip off. They will tell you that they have to take this off and that off but they lie. I did it and this was my first time. I hate this computerized cars but the 2008 impala has a strong engine and is surprisingly easy to work on. BUT THEY CAN KEEP THE COMPUTER. USELESS UNLESS IT TELLS YOU EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG WITH ITSELF. AND IT COST ME $135 FOR THEM TO TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG. REALLY?
Old August 25th, 2013, 9:00 AM
CF Beginner

Or you can buy a $5 Torque App & a $11 Bluetooth odb adapter lol
Old August 26th, 2013, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

I had to replace my secondary air pump first. still had issue. I replaced the secondary air valve. Problem FIXED. Both jobs take less than an hour to do. Part of my hour was matching socket sizes to the bolts. For the valve you need a long 10mm socket for the hose bolts(2 bolts) and a 15mm short socket or box wrench may be better for the rest(3bolts). When doing the valve I did not take anything off the engine except that ridiculous plastic cover over the engine. just pulls off. I don't know why its there. Good luck. pump cost $150 at napa. valve on ebay cost $175 shipping included.
Old September 9th, 2013, 8:30 AM
CF Beginner

Same problem on my 07,checked blower found full of water as seen in other posts,drained still works.will try to drill small drain hole to let any buildup seep out and replace valve soon.About $165 plus shipping on Rockauto.com.Good luck.JH
Old December 3rd, 2013, 10:14 PM
CF Beginner

We just bought a 2008 impala. (as is UGH!!!) 102,000 miles. My daughter made it 40 miles down the road and the check eng light came on. the code coming up p0411. Looking online it looks like there could be 4 possibilities. Fuse, Relay, Pump or check valve. From all I have been reading it seems that 90% of the time all parts are changed and the one that corrects the issue is the valve. My question is, How likely is this? I would rather just change the valve and take my chances than it being something else

Quick Reply: '08 Chevy Impala Secondary Air Injector System Troubles