Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2006 Impala Rear defog problem

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2009, 11:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Impala Rear defog problem

I have a 06 impala ltz my rear defog doesnt work, the indicator light lights up but no action!!.... I cant find a defog relay anywhere, I thought that may be the problem but nobody has the part?? Any help would be great .... I checked all the wiring and its connected in the back window??
Old February 10th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Impala Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can we move this into Impala Section
Old February 10th, 2009, 3:19 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Relay is under the hood in the fuse box at the right strut tower. Also check the 40amp fuse labelled BATT3. It should have power when the defogger is turned on. If it does have power, then the relay is good. If it doesn't have power the problem is between the fuse and the control head.
If you do have power at the fuse, check for power at the rear window on the purple wire. If you have power there, then the problem is most likely on the other side of the window in the ground circuit. If you don't have power, then there is a broken wire between the window and the fuse