Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2007 Impala SS

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2007, 10:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Impala SS

Hi! Just joined the forum to get tips/suggestions for my newly puchased 2007 Impala SS.

I sawa few posts about the range in which the remote start works. I seem to have a problem getting mine to work further than 15 feet away! Any suggestions?

Also, I bought black so I was considering getting a teflon paint sealant put on or possibly a 3M clear bra. I live in the country and want to avoid rock chips at all costs. . . Anyone tried either of the two and know which works best?!

Last thing, where canI get a K&N intake system for cheapest?

Any and all suggestions appreciated!

THANK-YOU!
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:13 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Impala SS

yeah the problem is mostly on the 2006's and some EARLY 2007's.
I have an 07 built on Feb 12, 2007 ( we picked it up from dealer on March 4). The delay was in getting the car from Canada to So. California.
Anyways- my 07 has not exhibited any of the problems that the fuel management 3.9L V6 has shown (flickering lights), OR the remote distance.
I used a gps device to measure the distance at which my remotes worked. I think it was 400 ft with remote placed under my chin (yes it works) and 300 ft with remote at around chest level.
The fix that members have done- is to take the car in- and they replace a module- that also by the way is used by the tire pressure monitor- so some of them were also seeing messages about the tire monitor.
So if you havent already done so- get an accurate distance of the range. Measure it if you can. and also use your Vin to find the build date on your car.
sorry- I dont know much about the teflon sealer- the 3M plastic see thru thingy- Ive seen pics of it but dont know the effectiveness.
Old June 8th, 2007, 5:59 PM
CF Junior Member

I also have a black 07 SS I put the Tornado on the intake along with the K&N Air Filter. Got the K&N on sale 25% off last week at Advanced auto parts; may still be on sale $32 best price anywhere.
If you change yours make sure you take off the support bar going across the top of air cleaner housing makes changing it alot easier.
Old June 8th, 2007, 6:03 PM
CF Junior Member

As in past forums the dealer has to change the antena the remote module and the transmitters bring it back to the dealer. They will order the new parts and you should get at least 150 ft. as did I after everything was changed.
Old June 8th, 2007, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the help! What to you have your tire pressure at to get the best performance/gas mileage?!

How doI use the VIN # to find the build date of my car?! Just got it back from the detailer an i'm not liking the rock chips I alreadyhave on the hood. Looked into the clear bras and debating whether or not they're worth the $$$. . . Put the teflon paint sealant on it for now and they said that protects ita little, and should last 3-6 months. My brother works at a detailing center andI gota discount soI know that was worth it.

As far as the intake system goes, how much of a difference have you noticed? Do yuo getter better gas mileage along with more horse-power? I was just at Advance Auto Parts yesterday too! HA! I'll be going back there tomorrow after work it sounds like.

I wil test the remote start and measure the distance, if it fails to start from a couple hundred feet away, i'll be taking it in to Chevy to have the module re-programmed.I apprecaite the advice! This is my first big car purchase andI LOVE this car. Want to do everything I can to continue to enjoy it to the fullest for along time. Any other tips/suggertions are greatly appreciated!!!
Old June 8th, 2007, 10:02 PM
art
CF Junior Member

I have an 06 black Impala SS and think you will enjoy yours. I would forget about the K&N filter, they use oil on the filter and this will cause problems on your mass air flow sensor. I doubt they make any difference on power or mileage. There will be lots of people that will tell you otherwise but the truth is they probably don't know. If you get oil residue on the MAP sensor your performance and mileage will go down anyway, when your filter NEEDS changing put a high quality replacement filter in and forget about it. The K&N filters have to be cleaned and reoiled periodically and if you get just slightly to much oil on it you will have problems.I would spend your money on a good synthetic oil and a good oil filter (do not useFram). It's tempting to get carried away with all the aftermarket crap that's out there, just change the fluids out when needed with good qualitystuff, enjoy your car and forget about the aftermarket junk.
Old June 9th, 2007, 9:31 AM
CF Junior Member

I keep my tire pressure at 33 lbs in both front tires and 32 in the rears. As far as the K&N it comes ready to use you can see the oil on it but you can't feel it that is the proper way to have it. I am sure alot of people over oil it when they clean it but if you follow the direction in the cleaning kit you won't have a problem. You should get about 25 thousand miles on that filter before cleaning is needed; and you will never have to buy another filter for the car thats how you come ahead. As far as performance and mileage feels and sounds better than the stock GM filter. It is a thick filter with plenty of restriction so I think K&N for the price I told you can't go wrong. The best gas milage I got on the car was a straight run from Maryland back home to Long Island 19.5 MPG. Around town I get about 14MPG.
Ijust put full synthetic oil in the car and I use only AC Delco PF 48 I think this is different then the 06 SS filter hopefully the gas milage will get a little better.
I also have a black SS it is hard to keep clean it shows all dust and dirt. I used Turtle Wax Ice it was very easy to use and Turtle Wax Detailer keepes it clean and shiny between waxing.
Old June 9th, 2007, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks again guys! I don't know much about cars and you all are doing your best to teach me, I appreciate it! =)

I will look into the K&N filter and if it is still on sale may consider it. It doesn't need an oil change for a couple thousand miles but when i do it I will use synthetic for sure. I'll also be looking into the turtledetailing touch up stuffto keep it clean in between waxings. I have afeeling I will be doing it alot since it's black but I couldn't resist, i's so sharp! Haha.

Hope you all are having a great weekend! Any more performance/ keep uptips are appreciated as always.
Old June 9th, 2007, 8:03 PM
CF Beginner

I had problemes with the tpm they put the new remote fix in and still have the same problem no tire presuure but the remote works great anyone else have this problem.o7 ss black
Old June 15th, 2007, 2:38 PM
CF Beginner

hey hows it goin! i just got done installing the K & N cold air intake kit, with shipping and handling from summit it was $270.00. this dynoed 13.4 HP at the wheels, and you can feel it a bit, expecially at highway speeds. it sounds like a BEAST now as well....def. worth the price.
Link: http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

art, i have had a few k&n filters on my vehicles and have never had an issue with the mass air flow sensor and oil. as long as you are not a spaz about the oil, let it dry properly, and follow the directions (possibly not in that order ) you will be fine!

also, here is a link to summit racing for the 2007 5.3L impala...the cold air intake is listed under 2006 right now, but trust me...it fits the 07 =)
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294839882

here is the 06 5.3L impala link
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...-59112+-160885

next comes the magnaflow muahahahaha

Quick Reply: 2007 Impala SS