Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2007 Impala wearing tires.

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2013, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ''Thats All I have to say about that'' F Gump

The problem with rear tire wear is no longer an issue..?? It appears that poor skills in alignment maybe the problem. Locating a tech that has the knowledge of the specs and the correct equiptment would be the first objective. I know the eqiptment is out there. In 1975, AAA installed a pit Bear that required dropping the wheels onto rollers. The diagnostic center made no adjustments, just recorded the alignment specs.
Over three decades have past, many new ideas, camber and toe will continue to be two main factors in tire wear. I do hope that members that are having problems with alignment can resolve them.
Old April 14th, 2013, 11:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default Got my rear-tire issue fixed...on Chevy!

My '08 LTZ really scrubbed-off tread on the inside rears. Bought it as a CPO.

Got the rear spindle-rod holes ground out to permit correct rear-camber alignment. Spec's were way off! With a couple of TSB's in-hand, the CPO-selling dealer/Chevy let me order 2 new Michelin Pilot-Sport Plus tires too!
The tires alone retailed for ~ $525/pr.

Faron
Old April 16th, 2013, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

2 new Michelin Pilot-Sport Plus tires too!
The tires alone retailed for ~ $525/pr. {Faron79}

You did well ! Hope this fix resolves the problem. The Michelin's will give you great service with the correct specs. My '08 Impala has had the 'fix' and no signs of wear on my Firestones.
Old March 6th, 2021, 3:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2004 Chevy impala eats tires

Originally Posted by laman
I bought a 2007 Impala new. It has 52,000 miles on it. It is fixing to have its third set of tires put on it. The rear end eats the tires on the inside. Has any one else has this problem and what is the fix. I bought it to an alignment shop and that hasn't helped. I don't know if you can align rear end...
Hello was wondering if u had figured out what the problem was with your impala? I have a 2004 and I can’t keep tires on it to save my life! Please help!!

Old March 6th, 2021, 8:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

post a pic of the tires showing the wear pattern. post a pic of the alignment printout so i can see what they adjusted and what the rear camber and toe is set at.
Old May 10th, 2021, 3:20 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
post a pic of the tires showing the wear pattern. post a pic of the alignment printout so i can see what they adjusted and what the rear camber and toe is set at.
my stearing wheel is to the left car pulls to right
Old May 10th, 2021, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

my stearing wheel is tilted to the left car pulls to right going to get my money back
Old May 12th, 2021, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

the f ront camber is is spec but it can't have a cross caster (side to side difference) that large. its will pull to the side of least caster ie yours shows pull right. ideally the cross caster should be with 0.5 degrees....side to side.
A cradle shift to the right would correct everything upfront. Don't go back there unless they get someone who knows what they are doing. This guy was lazy or d umb.....they didn't even do a caster sweep. caster can cause a pull also...it needs to be measured. they don't know what they are doing. they should have measured caster,done a cradle shift and the steering should be centered when done.

the rear...any camber more that 2degrees will wear tires. you need either a eccentric bolt correction kit or new rear q uick struts. camber goes negative with spring sagg.

Last edited by tech2; May 12th, 2021 at 12:13 AM.