Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2011 Impala---Bluetooth with basic phone

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2012, 10:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thank you for that information!!! I just bought a 2008 Impala LT and love it! Never had a car loaded with everything...but the bluetooth. I was so shocked when I pushed the blue Onstar button to pair up my verizion phone with the car via GM & Onstar, when the GM tech support came on and said "I am sorry Sir, you car does not have the bluetooth installed into your GM car! I am so glad for OnStar minutes you can buy, just to call some one, but I really wanted the blue tooth Now from reading this post I find out it is in the window, not the rear view mirror. I wounder if my Window has that??? how can I find that out? Call the seller and ask. It was a Chevy dealer ship? wonder
Old October 2nd, 2012, 5:40 AM
CF Beginner

Not really sure what you mean. What is in the window? As was stated before, if the Bluetooth feature isn't present now, there's really no way to get it, other than swapping the head unit out for an aftermarket unit with the features you're looking for. Again, it's not a bad option, & depending on all the exact features you'd want, it can actually be really reasonable pricewise. I've seen a couple other people get "stock" Bluetooth from the dealer in other cars (just to keep the stock look inside the car) & the price tag was INSANE!!! But like i said before if you decide to go the aftermarket route & would like some advice or help choosing which one is right for you, feel free to MSG me and I'll help walk you through it. I promise once you have the unit installed, you won't be disappointed! Let me know, & were all glad to hear you are so pleased otherwise with the Impala you bought!!!
Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:14 PM
CF Beginner

Red face Impala 2008 LT without bluetooth, but with Onstar & Xm radio

What I really meant to say is the Bluetooth antenna installed into the windshield with the OnStar satellite? or is it in the radio cd as a module too?
Originally Posted by Nicky Nine-Piece Massino
Not really sure what you mean. What is in the window? As was stated before, if the Bluetooth feature isn't present now, there's really no way to get it, other than swapping the head unit out for an aftermarket unit with the features you're looking for. Again, it's not a bad option, & depending on all the exact features you'd want, it can actually be really reasonable pricewise. I've seen a couple other people get "stock" Bluetooth from the dealer in other cars (just to keep the stock look inside the car) & the price tag was INSANE!!! But like i said before if you decide to go the aftermarket route & would like some advice or help choosing which one is right for you, feel free to MSG me and I'll help walk you through it. I promise once you have the unit installed, you won't be disappointed! Let me know, & were all glad to hear you are so pleased otherwise with the Impala you bought!!!
Old October 4th, 2012, 6:05 AM
CF Beginner

After doing a bit more digging, I found a discussion where someone has apparently accomplished the feat of getting factory Bluetooth in an impala that did not originally come with it! According to him, the harnesses for BT and non-BT models are exactly alike except for an extra antenna input (for the BT antenna). All he's sayin he had to do was rip the antenna and mic setups out of a junked Malibu (of course another impala would work, and I would think a setup from ANY other Chevy vehicle would for that matter) connect them in his impala and notify OnStar, saying his unit was damaged and he was replacing it. According to him, that's all it took! OnStar synced the equipment to his VIN and its worked fine ever since! He says he paid $112 and they're listed on eBay for 100-250.... Idk, please take this with a grain of salt, as I don't know this guy or how accurate his info is. I personally wouldn't do it. Lucky for me I was replacing the radio in my impala anyway so I just got one with a Bluetooth kit included and forked over the $140 to buy the harness that allowed me to keep my on star. But good luck whichever way you choose to go. Here's a link so you can read up on it yourself:

Can I replace onstar module with one with bluetooth? 2011 Imala - Chevy Impala Forums
Old October 4th, 2012, 6:07 AM
CF Beginner

So to answer your question, according to this guy, no. The Bluetooth antenna is NOT built into your windshield....
Old February 24th, 2015, 1:14 PM
QMG
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VERY possible to add the bluetooth functionality

Simply add the onStar LG Module that has the BT additional port. 150-200 dollar part
The following users liked this post:
CReaMdotcom (April 7th, 2021)
Old February 26th, 2015, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

i like being able to plug my phone into the auxilary port and using it as a speaker phone that way. people can still hear me with the phone on my lap.
Old April 21st, 2016, 7:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 impala Bluetooth has stopped working

Purchased new, worked until now. Just stopped working. Will not pare with either of our phones