Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2011 Impala issue car wont turn on

Old October 15th, 2012, 11:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Impala issue car wont turn on

hopefully this is the right section of this forum, I have a 2011 Impala it's been great , but for whatever reason my key got stuck in the ignition and the car will not turn on, called road side assistance they came over jumped it and boom it worked, by the time i got home, turned it off, tried to turn it on again same story key stuck cant take it out, had to jump it again to get the key out, when I lock the car I hear this weird beeping noise and little orange lock shows up on the dashboard, never noticed it before what could be the issue? just the battery or something more? the car has 40K miles I plan on having it towed to the dealership tomorrow and if anything hopefully they can replace the battery without charging me a fee ( the battery should have 6 yr warranty I believe)

anyone experience something similar, I did not leave any lights on or anything to cause battery drainage
Old October 18th, 2012, 1:54 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> @izz2011, how did things at the dealership yesterday? Were they able to get everything taken care of?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service assisting Louis
Old October 18th, 2012, 2:46 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Sounds to me like a security issue.
Old October 19th, 2012, 11:20 AM
CF Beginner

towed it to the dealership, the rep said it was a battery issue, the car has 40,00 0 miles so the battery is out of warranty he said only 36,000 miles, you would think they would wave 4000 miles , but nope , new battery $189 dollars, for whatever reason the battery just went 'bad', also to run a car through a diagnostic they would charge $50+ for 30 minutes, what is thee point of the warranty then?
Old October 19th, 2012, 11:23 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> @izz2011, how did things at the dealership yesterday? Were they able to get everything taken care of?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service assisting Louis
Thanks for asking , why would they charge a diagnostic fee for a car that is still under warranty , what does the warranty cover exactly for 2011 LTZ
Old October 25th, 2012, 3:18 AM
Banned

How to connect my phone to my 2011 impala?
I just got a used 2011 impala and i wanted to set up the bluetooth. I pushed the button on the steering wheel and I say "bluetooth" but then it says "call using onstar handsfree calling...." It seems like it won't recognize bluetooth or something. Please help!
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> eric924,

The vehicle may not have Bluetooth capability. Would you please provide the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I may look into this further for you? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 8th, 2013, 8:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 Impala Ls won't crank/won't start

I have a 2011 Impala LS, sometimes it starts and other times it doesn't. It will usually start in the morning, if i drive for 30 minutes or so and stop somewhere, it will not start back up. I usually have to let it sit for numerous hours before it will start again. During the time that it will not start, the radio and lights work just fine. When trying to crank it I get a single click. I have taken it to the dealership twice and left it for a couple of days each time. The dealership says there is no issues with the battery, starter, alternator etc. They cannot find anything wrong. They have not been able to duplicate the problem. But as usual, when i take the car home the problem starts again.

Please help, has anyone else had these experiences with this car?
Old April 9th, 2013, 7:41 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by pwright926
I have a 2011 Impala LS, sometimes it starts and other times it doesn't. It will usually start in the morning, if i drive for 30 minutes or so and stop somewhere, it will not start back up. I usually have to let it sit for numerous hours before it will start again. During the time that it will not start, the radio and lights work just fine. When trying to crank it I get a single click. I have taken it to the dealership twice and left it for a couple of days each time. The dealership says there is no issues with the battery, starter, alternator etc. They cannot find anything wrong. They have not been able to duplicate the problem. But as usual, when i take the car home the problem starts again.

Please help, has anyone else had these experiences with this car?
<cite>pwright926

I am sorry to hear your 2011 Impala LS is having issues starting up. I would like to look into this further and assist you in getting your issue solved. Can you please message me your name, address, VIN, and dealership you have been working with? Thank you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
</cite>
Old September 27th, 2014, 2:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 Chevy Impala LT

Very same thing is going on with my 2012 Impala LT. Everything mentioned above is what happened to me today. The dealership told me I have to get my car towed to them. The tow company was nice enough to jump my battery so my key can be released. The only thing thats lighting up on my instrument panel is the e engine light. Is it the started or alternator? The dealership also installed an automatic starter could that be an issue?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Impala issue car wont turn on