Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2011 Impala issue car wont turn on

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2014, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Impala won't start

I'm having this exact same issue. The lights and radio turn on. It seems to have started when I tried to start the car with the keyless start today. I haven't taken it to the dealer, because it's quite far away. I'll try jumping it tomorrow or Saturday. I was hoping it was a simple fix, but sounds like it needs to go in.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 11:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JacksonAG
I'm having this exact same issue. The lights and radio turn on. It seems to have started when I tried to start the car with the keyless start today. I haven't taken it to the dealer, because it's quite far away. I'll try jumping it tomorrow or Saturday. I was hoping it was a simple fix, but sounds like it needs to go in.
So your key is also stuck in the ignition?

What is your battery's voltage reading?
Old October 24th, 2014, 7:32 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JacksonAG
Hi JacksonAG,

We apologize for these concerns, and if you need any further assistance into the dealership, please reach out to us in a private message! We would be happy to help the best way possible. Please be sure to include your VIN, current mileage, contact information and the preferred dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 29th, 2014, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Angry

My radio didn't power on when I turned my car on today
Old October 29th, 2014, 9:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alyssa10
My radio didn't power on when I turned my car on today
That's it? Did you check the fuse?
Old February 15th, 2015, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by pwright926
i have a 2011 impala ls, sometimes it starts and other times it doesn't. It will usually start in the morning, if i drive for 30 minutes or so and stop somewhere, it will not start back up. I usually have to let it sit for numerous hours before it will start again. During the time that it will not start, the radio and lights work just fine. When trying to crank it i get a single click. I have taken it to the dealership twice and left it for a couple of days each time. The dealership says there is no issues with the battery, starter, alternator etc. They cannot find anything wrong. They have not been able to duplicate the problem. But as usual, when i take the car home the problem starts again.

Please help, has anyone else had these experiences with this car?

i have a 2011 impala lt and it does the exact same thing!!!
Old June 1st, 2015, 10:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy Impala 2012 won't start

I have the same problem. I was driving my car on various errands on Saturday out and about, turning it off and on. I was home for about an hour after the daytime errands, went out side to start it again for a meeting and nothing. All the lights, windows, radio worked. No error messages noted. Simply would not click for the starter and no cranking. I called for roadside assistance and they were unable to jump it. The battery read 12.6 V, .so it wasn't the battery. All the connections looked fine. I looked on the internet and found a forum where someone said to turn the key in the on position and just leave it like that for a few minutes. Well it worked.. sort of.. it started cranking but wouldn't turn over. It sounded harsh and started to wear down. So I turned the key to the Off position. I was unable to start it. I then tried the spare key. Nothing happened. I waited a day and tried again. Nothing. So, I had it towed to the dealership (Benson Chevrolet in San Antonio, TX). VIN is 2G1WG5E35C1277928. It's got about 60K miles. I've had it for a little over a year, bought as a used car from Enteprise car rentals. I bought the extended warranty on it, but I'm not sure it is covered. When I called Enterprise,they said the ignition was under recall. So I thought, voila! that is it and figured that this issue would be a free fix b/c of the recall.. (BTW, I never got a notification). However, the dealership said that was only to fix the key fob and had nothing to do with my starter. Instead they said I will have to pay a $35 Diagnostic test. I am very worried that this is going to turn into the expensive search. Please help.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 11:32 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My wife had a similar problem with her 2001 Impala LS. It actually started for her in the morning but when she ran back into the house to get her lunch out of the fridge, the car shut off by itself. She tried to restart it, but the starter was silent, the dash was lit up as normal for the bulb test, the dome light was on and the radio would work, but no crank. She called me over and I ran the ignition switch through all the positions several times in case of a bad contact but no change. At this point, I was thinking the ignition switch was bad, but went through the motions to jump it with my other car. with the cables connected, there was no change as I tried to start it, no cranking. I got out of the car 3 times to wiggle the cables and make sure I had a good connection. On my third and final try (my mind was REALLY leaning toward the ignition sw at this point.) I decided to run the switch through all its positions. The car decided to start effortlessly like on a summer day. My wife said, Good I can go to work now, and I said, no if you take it and get stuck, I'll end up having to get it going for you anyway, so I might as well take it. As I drove to work with it, I thought of how 2 nights before, my wife and I were running and errand in the car. When she started it one time, I noticed it seemed to turn over slower than usual for just being run an hour earlier. I called the dealer when at work to see if they had a new battery in stock to fit the car. Lucky thing I did. As I left work at the end of the day, the engine turned over so slowly that it sounded like a growl, but it started. I got the battery, then proceeded to go home to change it. The car started with the same growl that it did for me at work. This time it had run only 15 minutes before. On the way home I noticed my wife left 1/8 of a tank of gas for me. I stopped to fill it up, but the battery gave up the ghost and the solenoid just clicked this time. I swapped it at the gas station.
Bad/corroded cables at the battery can cause the same condition as what you described. A friend of mine with a 2002 Impala who had a new battery, found that their engine would not turn over as well. A local mechanic thought it was the neutral safety switch, but a light went on in my head and I swapped the crank relay found in the fuse center on the right-front strut tower, with one from my car. Their car started immediately, and once the engine was running, I swapped the relays back to their respective cars.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Frank3; June 3rd, 2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old July 11th, 2015, 12:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 impala won't crank?

Same problem I am having with mine.....2011 Impala LS
Can someone please call me with the solution? So I can tell dealership what to work on and fix b/c they don't know....
My number is 318-614-1932 or email me elisha.payne@ge.com

QUOTE=Chevrolet Customer Service;245506]<cite>pwright926

I am sorry to hear your 2011 Impala LS is having issues starting up. I would like to look into this further and assist you in getting your issue solved. Can you please message me your name, address, VIN, and dealership you have been working with? Thank you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
</cite>[/QUOTE]
Old March 22nd, 2016, 8:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default I'm having the same problem

My 2011 Chevrolet Impala LS wont start on many occasions it will click once when I turn the key but wont start all the lights come on and the radio works I have had the starter replaced the alternator checked and a new battery put in but this keeps happening and I have to get it jumped to start it someone please help

Quick Reply: 2011 Impala issue car wont turn on